Portfolio custom slug does not take effect

Hello, I have a website with many portfolio pages, and after changing the portfolio custom slug in the theme options, the change doesn’t seem to take effect. My portfolio items still have the slug portfolio-item instead of the slug talks that I specified. How can I get them to change URL and now be available with the talks slug?

PS: a weird thing related to this is that on my portfolio listing page, the items appear successfully and have as links to their pages the talks slug that I specified. But these links are broken, when clicking on them I get a 404. Only by manually changing talks to portfolio-item in my browser’s URL bar can I the actual portfolio item’s page.

Hello @arstearnaitst,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you please go to the WordPress dashboard —>Settings —>Permalink —>Set it as Plain and then reset it to Post Name.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Changing the permalinks settings fixed the issue, thanks a lot!

You are most welcome @arstearnaitst

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.