(Poll) Who is your hosting provider?

Hey Guys,

Let us know which hosting provider you are using and feel free to share your experience and thoughts on why it might be a great choice for others! Also if yours is not on the list tell us about it and why you’ve chosen it.

• AWS
  • Bluehost
  • Cloudways
  • Digital Ocean
  • Dreamhost
  • Flywheel
  • GoDaddy
  • Google Cloud
  • HostGator
  • InMotion
  • Linode
  • Site5
  • SiteGround
  • Vultr
  • WPEngine
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

I have a question. Why is Themeco Hosting not in this list? That is who I am with.

Hey Jay,

For Themeco Hosting we use AWS as infrastructure provider so you can select AWS if you are with us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use a Dutch hosting provider since all the sites I build are Dutch.

NameCheap. They are cheap and their support (although chat only) is superb!

1 Like

I use NameCheap for my personal site as well and I must agree. My business site is with ThemeCo

Okay, your poll only allows one option.
I do use 3.
WpEngine (that was my first ever used) and there i keep the website of the company i work for. Best support so far.
Flywheel - took it for a spin, 15$ seemed okay, they are fast, but no ftp or database access.
Reading all Michael and Roy comments, i’ve now switched couple of websites to Cloudways+Vultr

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I use Knownhost. My site’s traffic is beyond what shared hosting can handle, but I am not tech savvy enough to set things up in the cloud. Their managed VPS service gives good customer support and fast load times.

They also have a lot of smaller tiers that allow me to choose the pricing that works best for me. Many hosts (like Themeco) have like, a tiny plan for $15-$20 a month which offers less than I need and then their next tier is $60 - $80 which is expensive. With Knownhost I started paying like $35/mo and then bumped up to $45/mo, so I’m only paying for the level that I need.

I’ve been with InMotion hosting for the last few years and I’ve been loving it. I am now on a VPS hosting with them with over 20 sites running smoothly on it with daily backups made to Amazon S3.

Dutch sites only work on Dutch hosting services, same with UK I believe.

VPS with Liquidweb. I was moved to them a few months ago when they acquired Wiredtree, who were excellent by every measure. So far, no complaints with Liquidweb. Not cheap though.

We used WiredTree for years and were generally very happy with them. I didn’t realize Liquidweb had acquired them.

What do you guys think about WPMU DEV Managed Multisite hosting?

I’m using eHost. Bought 3y for 68€. Seems legit, infinite data, sub domains, emails and db!

Always keep in mind that unlimited plans are not unlimited. If you overuse a certain metric they will reach out to you and ask you to upgrade or terminate your account. The unlimited statement is pure marketing and should actually be called “fair use”.

From WPMU DEV site: “Our all-inclusive packages start at $1,000 USD per month.”

What? Sounds crazy to me.

Imagine you’re an agency with 100 clients or more or a university or something, then it’s not expensive at all.

Oh, sounds like you had your mind made up already.

From what I can tell it looks like a great service but I’m not going to use it anytime soon because I don’t use multisite nor do I have the amount of clients to make this a viable solution for now. I’m just interested to hear what others think and possibly have it added to the above poll.