Play button on Revolution Slider background video

Hi,

Having a weird intermittent issue with mobile devices where our revolution slider video header will occasionally not autoplay and will show a play button instead. Seems to happen at random, sometimes the video loads and plays correctly and sometimes it doesn’t.

https://wearemaniac.com

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

May I know which mobile device you’re testing it with? I can’t seem to reproduce it and based on the information you have provided, it will happen if your video has audio and the browser will automatically pause it, autoplay is only applicable for muted videos.

Thanks!

Hi,

This is on iPhones specifically and the issue is very intermittent. The background video file is being pulled from JWplayer (direct link to an mp4 file) and there’s no audio channel in the video file.

Thanks!

Hello @connorbennett,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your slider settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/docs/getting-support

For the meantime, please review the background video documentation. You may have missed something in your settings.

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel

I’ve created a user and the details are attached!

Thanks

Hi @connorbennett,

I tried with both iPad and iPhone but not able to reproduce, is it still the slider video? And may I know which iOS version you’re currently testing it with?

Thanks!

Hi!

This is on iOS 13.4.1 - the screenshot I was sent of the issue was from an iPhone X but I’ve also seen it on my iPhone 11 Max. It’s super intermittent and I haven’t been able to work out how to reliably replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Connor

Hey Connor,

I checked your site on iPhone 11 with iOS 13.4.1 and I couldn’t replicate the issue you described.

Just a theory though, the cause of the issue could be incomplete loading of resources especially scripts. Please first try clearing your browser’s cache then try connecting to a different internet connection.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.