Physical memory maxed - prevents changes saved, hangs site

Please help,

The physical memory is maxed on my site and I am unsure how to proceed, I have installed cache plugins and tried to max wordpress memory to 1024mb using define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘1024M’ );

website is meloyogastudio.com

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out.

There are so many reasons why your website hangs up and memory max out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks, I have tried to reduce cache and looked at plugins, however I am unsure how to proceed. I have sent a secure note if you guys are able to help.

I was in the middle of amending the footer through the Pro options, specifically adding social links to the icons, and the site just hangs. The site is only using 10% of the memory and only gets maxed out during the save process in the theme editor.

Thanks
Chris

Dont worry, i’m on it with the plugin de and re-activation and saving is working now.

Hi Christopher,

I also tried to test your footer and the saving option is now working properly.

We’re glad that your issue is already solved. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

Hello

I am consistently having trouble with this. I just uploaded the Woo commerce integration plugin for ME Calendar and the site has crashed again after I installed the plugin.

However I can not access the wordpress dashboard in order to deactivate the plugin. Please can someone help, I need the plugin deactivated.

This and teh Woo commerce plug in when activated seem to bring the site to it’s knees. Can someone give me help and advice to get this working~?

Thanks
Chris

Hello Christopher,

In order access the site dashboard you need to deactivate the plugin. Since you are not able to access your dashboard you need to access your plugin files by using FTP or Cpanel.

Follow the steps in order to deactivate (disable) WordPress plugin manually via FTP:

1. Download and install FTP client (for example, Filezilla).

2. Open FTP client and enter your FTP access credentials (host, username and password) to access files on your server.

3. Navigate to yourwordpresswebsite/wp-content/plugins directory.

4. Disable the necessary plugin by renaming its folder.

5. Check the result.

Please check out this article to learn more about how to deactivate the plugins using FTP.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.