PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Unable to load content from post

Hi Team,

We are receiving this fatal error:

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Unable to load content from post. in /home/sites/4a/7/70f8e1c2ea/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/content/class-content.php:54\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/sites/4a/7/70f8e1c2ea/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/content/class-content.php(25): Cornerstone_Content->load_from_post(NULL)\n#1 /home/sites/4a/7/70f8e1c2ea/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-front-end.php(374): Cornerstone_Content->_construct(0)\n#2 /home/sites/4a/7/70f8e1c2ea/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-front-end.php(125): Cornerstone_Element_Front_End->get_content(0)\n#3 /home/sites/4a/7/70f8e1c2ea/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(290): Cornerstone_Element_Front_End->post_loaded()\n#4 /home/sites/4a/7/70f8e1c2ea/public

We have reinstalled Pro Theme and activated it again, bypassing our child theme.

We have flushed all caches but the error persists.

Can you please advise on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Hello @spaghettiweb,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or cache issue or version compatibility. Please make sure your theme, plugins, WordPress, and PHP version is updated as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks Prakash - we’ve been through all of that and the error persists. Please find login details in the secure note.

Hello @spaghettiweb,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given credentials are not working on my end. Please recheck and send us again. I also tried to connect the FTP but it is not working.

Thanks

Hi Prakash, please try again with the credentials in the latest secure note. These worked for me.

Hello @spaghettiweb,

Thanks for sharing the credentials, I went ahead and checked your site. I performed these steps on your server.

1. Purge all the cache from the “WP-Optimize - Clean, Compress, Cache” plugin
  2. Reset the Peamialink to plain and set it to the post name

The staging site is working fine now. Please check

Thanks

Thanks Prakash. Please refer to my original post for the specific links. The whole site is not effected - it is the specific urls that google console reports 5xx errors for. I will post those links again in a secure note.

The issue still persists.

Hello @spaghettiweb,

The mentioned URLs do not exist on your site. If you go to Settings > Permalinks, you have used the Post name which means that your permalink will be:

https://example.com/post-name/

You only havehttps://example.com/blog/ and your site never have https://example.com/blog/?p={123}. This kind of permalink will only be used if you are just using the plain permalinks and even then, it should be https://example.com/?p={123}.

You will need to recache or force Google Console to reindex your site.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi @ruenel,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that’s correct, permalinks are set to postname. We are not certain how/why Google has indexed these non existent pages and have already set about rectifying that.

But we also have a custom 404 page set up, so these 5xx and PHP errors on these secific urls should not be happening in any case, as a visitor should be redirected to the custom 404 page. Do you know why that is not happening and how to resolve that issue? For any other incorrect url the custom 404 page displays correctly.

Thanks.

Hi @spaghettiweb,

In these two given URLs p is a Query String parameter to the Blog page, and the Blog page does not have that parameter into it and that is why it shows an error instead of 404 page. Please remember that the 404 page will be shown when the Page is not found, if the page has certain errors, you can redirect it to 404 by checking the errors.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.