Parse Error

I was adding a code yesterday to my theme’s functions.php file and got this error: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in /home3/lisaschelle/myalmostamishlife.com/wp-content/themes/x/functions.php on line 119”. I went back and removed the code I had inserted, only to have that error remain.
Today, I was told at Hostgator that they could change the theme for me, but that I needed to ask you (themeco) for help as to being able to activate my X Theme again without an error.

Thanks for your help, in advance!

Hi,

We need your FTP login to be able to fix this issue.

Kindly provide the following info in Secure Note

  • FTP Host
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

Thanks

Ok, thank you.
I’d like to reactivate my Renew 01 theme.

Hi There,

I was unable to login to your HostGator account.

Could you please double check?

Thanks.

Sorry! Here you go:

Hi there,

I have went ahead and remove the incorrect code on the functions.php file.

Please do not edit the files in the parent theme as the changes you have added will be overwritten when you update the theme.

Please install and edit through the child theme.

Hope this helps.