Parse Error on Index

Hello

I’ve made no recent changes to my site, but have visited today and found this error, which is preventing me from access the backend too. Any help would be appreciated.

Parse error : syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /var/sites/d/danielsharpe.co.uk/public_html/index.php on line 8

Thanks,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there is some issue with the index.php file. I would suggest you check the index.php. The file path is written in the error. You may download the WordPress and compare the inedx.php file to your server index.php file. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• FTP Details
  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your quick response, I’ve added those details on this message.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hello @danielsharpe,

Thanks for sharing the login and FTP credentials, I went ahead and checked your server index.php file. It seems that you have added a custom code on the index.php that was causing the issue. I have commented that code so that it doesn’t execute, now the site is working fine. Please check your site at your end and let us know.

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Thanks so much for your help!

Best,
Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any more concerns regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.