Pages not loading consistently after Standalone Cornerstone Builder Updated to Version 5.0.10

Hello, not sure why but I updated cornerstone and now am having issues with some pages loading consistently. Most of the time they aren’t displaying anything. I’ve gone into the specific page, see that there is indeed page content in the cornerstone builder and have clicked “Save”. I reload the page and have tried incognito windows as well but most of the time the page does not load. Help!

https://solutionstart.com/careers/
https://solutionstart.com/risk-free-consultation/

The main content on those pages in cornerstone builder are gaps, and raw code to display a third party form (JotForm).

PHP v. 7.3.25
MySQL v. 5.7.32

Theme: The7
Plugin: Cornerstone v. 5.0.10
WP v. 5.6
All plugins up to date

Hello @kostax

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

I recommend the following troubleshooting.

1.) Increase PHP Memory Limit
2.) Increase PHP Execution Time Limit

I recommend increasing the following server settings to the specified value or larger. Please consult to your web host for all these server settings

PHP configuration recommended

memory_limit = 512M
upload_max_filesize = 512M
post_max_size = 512M
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 300

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

So after doing some of the troubleshooting suggested, i believe I found the issue. The latest cornerstone update simply does not like “Classic Elements”.

While I can deal with that, I can’t deal with how the page editor currently looks. There is a major problem with the way the backend cornerstone page editor looks compared to the previous version. Even though I have a row with 1 column and Gap/RawContent/Gap in that row, you can’t even see it on the page. This is horrible! I chose cornerstone because it gives ANYONE I give the login credentials to the ability to edit the pages as necessary. If someone logs in to edit the page and they can’t find the content to edit, this is a major problem. Please tell me there is a fix for things to display how they did previously…

Hi Kosta,

To better help you with your issue, we need to check the website with stand alone cornerstone plugin. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hello, i added a secure note to one of my posts in this thread. Please let me know what you find regarding this issue.

Hi Kosta,

We’ve just release a new version of Cornerstone which 5.0.11 it fixes various of issues. I suggest that you update your stand alone plugin to the latest version which might able fix your issue.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hello,

I updated to 5.0.11, and I’m not sure it had any effect. While I have fixed my main issue of getting things to display correctly on the front end of the website by replacing any “classic raw content” elements with “raw content” elements, there still seems to be some glitches on the back end of the website using cornerstone. Please view the attached video screen capture to see if this behavior is normal or not.

Click to View the Screen Capture Video

Hey @kostax,

There are still JS errors when you edit a page in Cornerstone. I am seeing this:

Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.
7VM498 90866790072162:7 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'attachEvent' of null
    at FrameBuilder.addEvent (VM498 90866790072162:7)
    at FrameBuilder.createFrame (VM498 90866790072162:7)
    at FrameBuilder.init (VM498 90866790072162:4)
    at new FrameBuilder (VM498 90866790072162:21)
    at VM498 90866790072162:22

A 3rd party plugin may be causing this. Can you please clone your site and create a staging site so that we can investigate your issue further?

Thank you in advance.

Temporary staging site: http://konstantinosh.sg-host.com/wp-admin
Login credentials: view the secure note in this thread

Hi @kostax,

It seems the embed JavaScript code is the reason behind your issue, by deleting the code the preview comes back. Please find the screenshot describing it.

Please remember that we don’t offer any support to the custom code or issues related to it.

Thanks

I am going to show that there is an issue even if I don’t use a raw code element with Javascript: Click here to view the video

Steps I followed during the video

• create a page called “Test”
  • start from scratch
  • choose 2 columns (and check to see that 2 columns is selected for every device option)
  • create a classic custom headline
  • create a classic text
  • duplicate the classic custom headline and classic text to the 2nd column
  • save & open the page to view it

The page displays correctly on the front end of the website, but does not on the backend in cornerstone.

Hello @kostax,

Thanks for the video describing the issue. This is a known issue with Cornerstone and has already been reported to our issue tracker so this issue will be queued for investigation and fixing by our development team.

Thanks

@tristup , Thank you for letting me know that i’m not going crazy! :laughing:

Please let your developers know I had zero issues prior to updating to Cornerstone 5.0.10 . The incorrect cornerstone behavior and glitches regarding raw code elements that contained javascript were issues that appeared only after updating to 5.0.10 – Everything was working perfectly prior to that update.

Thanks, Kosta, duly noted!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.