Page displays wrong - Works after reload though

Dear team

I am facing a strange behaviour here. After clearing the browser cache, any page on my site displays wrongly (pictures not loading or incorrectly sized, menus at wrong place, etc.). However after a simple refresh, everything displays fine - until chache is cleared again. (tested with Chrome)

So far I have.

• Checked for conflicting plugins
  • Checked with a wp-theme (pictures load fine there)
  • Cleared wp caches
  • Searched the forum

The site is : https://52magicbar.ch

Kindly let me know, if you need any additional information.

TIA, markus

Hello Markus,

Thanks for writing in! Once the site is loaded, the browser will cache it. Do you have any caching plugin or is there any caching feature in your server? I have viewed your site on several browsers on my end and it is displaying without any issues. Can you please send us a screenshot along with your login details so that we can investigate further? Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply (and this on a week end!)

I’ve sent you a secure note with the details you requested.
Please find below two screenshots; the first shows how the page is displayed with cleared browser cache, the second shows how it is displayed after releoading the page in the browser.

There is a caching plug-in in use, but acitvating/deactivating does not seem to make any difference.

Again, thanks for your support, markus

Hello Markus,

I can replicate the issue. In Firefox, it is displaying fine. On my Chrome browser, it is broken. Can we put your site under construction mode and temporarily deactivate the plugins? Please give us permission so we can investigate the issue.

Thanks.

Hi @ruenel

Yes, please feel free to do so.

Thanks, markus

Hi Markus,

I can confirm all the issues in all the browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge) on the first load, I guess you had a third-party cache like Cloudflare. I suggest that you review all the third-party integration in your website because disabling all the plugins didn’t fix your issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a

Thanks for the hint. It acutally sent me into the right direction. As it turned out (at least so far), nginx content caching was the culprit.

Again thanks to you and the team for the great support.

Best, markus

Hi Markus,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.