Padding and Margin Issues on Website After Latest Update

I hope this message finds you well. After the most recent update, the padding and margins have been removed from most sections of my website. You can review the issue here: https://www.statenislandda.org/.

Could you please advise on how to resolve this?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello @Jennine,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site, and it seems that the website is rendering fine on my end. I have tested it on the Google Chrome browser version 129.0.6668.89. I would suggest you please purge all the browser cache and recheck it again.

Thanks

All the containers have disappeared, and the content is now flush with the edges. This wasn’t the original setup—I had each section inside a container. I also had CSS to ensure proper stacking at different breakpoints for the news section, which is now not rendering correctly.

Hello @Jennine,

Please go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Layout And Design and make sure that the Site Max Width is set to 1200px.

If this is not helping, please provide us with your WP details so we can check the site closely. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Cheers.

Most sections had a container, but not all, as some hero images are full-width. I would like the original containers, padding, and CSS to be restored. I will attach the credentials. Thank you for your help.

Hello @Jennine,

It seems that you have set the site max-width as auto, I would suggest you go to the Theme options —>Layout and Design —> Site Max Width. You need to set the container width there in place of auto.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello. That solution only addresses the issue on desktop. My custom CSS has been removed for all other breakpoints as well. Something seems to have gone wrong. Could you please help investigate how to restore all of my original CSS? I’ve attached some additional screenshots showing an example of columns not responding correctly due to the missing CSS and pages missing padding and margins on smaller screens. Thank you.

Hey @Jennine,

Set the Width to 88% and the Maximum Width of 1200px.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.