Override MEC Page Tittle (OG: Page Title)

Hello!

I’ve reached out to the Modern Events Calendar support team thinking this was on their side, but they’re saying to check with you guys.

Here’s the issue:

I have MEC set up on my site and on the archive page for the events I cannot change the page title that appears in the browser tab. It’s currently displayed as “Events Archive” - see attached for reference.

Per MEC Support, I changed the “Archive Page Title” field located in M.E. Calendar > Settings > Archive Pages, but unfortunately that did not resolve this issue. It does change the page title (h1 tag) that appear in line on the page, but does not change the page title displayed along the browser tab.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello Tyler,

Thanks for writing in! To better assist you with your issue, please provide us your log in details so that we can check your plugin and page settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

@ruenel - Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. Secure not should contain credentials. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Hey Tyler,

The page title of your event page was generated using the Yoast SEO plugin. To override the meta page title, you need to go to SEO > Search Appearance > Content Types tab and look for events.

Then at the lower bottom of the events tab, you may find the Event Archive settings. From there, you can change the SEO title of the event archive page.

Hope that helps.

Well, I feel like a dummy @marc_a!

That was the first place I looked, but I must have glossed over the “Events archive settings” section.

Thanks so much - that fixed it!

Hey Tyler,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.