Overlapping header - X theme

Hey,

How to create an overlapping header with a fixed top?

The website is http://akmedia.dk/

Hi, @asennels!

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “overlapping header.” Can you send us a screenshot or link to an example where we might be able to see what you’re trying to accomplish? Then we can give you a tailored response.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

With overlapping head, I mean the nav-bar’s background is transparent, so the image also is in the background of the navbar. So there’s no black background :slight_smile:

Hi Alexander,

This can be done easily if you are using the Pro theme where there’s an option where you can position absolute with your header. Since you are using X theme, this would require a custom CSS to overlap the header. Please add the code below in your X > Theme Options > CSS.

.masthead {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
}

If you would like to have full control of your header layout, I suggest that you upgrade your X theme to Pro, please check this doc.

Please note that custom CSS code is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom CSS code and further enhancements should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi Marc,

Your absolute lifesaver.

Thank you

Hi Alexander,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.