Off Canvas Request

First of all, amazing work on the Slider Element beta – absolutely incredible.

This request is not at all meant to take away from all the hard work that has gone into perfecting the latest release but I’d love to get it on your radar for (perhaps) some consideration.

I’ve had a couple of use-cases lately where an off-canvas drawer from the bottom would be ideal for mobile. In fact, given a few of the recent updates, I think Pro is a solid solution for simple (perhaps even not-so-simple) web apps.

Literally just a bottom-up carbon copy of the current off-canvas element would be perfect. Something like:

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 3.35.36 PM

4 Likes

Would love this too. I’d also love the ability to set the position responsively - i.e. slide over from the right at MD+, and this slide up drawer at SM & XS.

1 Like

Oh yes that would be nice.

1 Like

I’d like this as well +1

1 Like

:+1: here to. Would be great to have the ability to Off Canvas from-bottom and from-top.

Thanks for sharing this @DoncoMarketing, and I appreciate everyone chiming in as well. I’ll make a note of this on the issue tracker so we can keep it in mind.

1 Like

Bumping this idea for potential future consideration. :+1::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I can definitely get it on the books. Unfortunately this element is not setup for this. I think we’re going to have to have to change how the close button works, since it’s not actually inside the content it’s positioning gets funky when it moves from bottom to top. It also might end up being easier to give this functionality to the modal element. The same issue with the close button would need to handled there anyway. Have a great day.

1 Like