Not all Portfolio photos are shwoing

I am an interior designer not a web designer. My WD didn’t understand the x theme portfolio. and i don’t either.
Yesterday, I uploaded 4-5 different projects using ADD NEW:
only one project shows when i click on View My Portfolio at the bottom of the home page and I don’t know why. it also loads really slow. I wanted to have it look more like this site:https://www.tinaramchandani.com/portfolio
I guess that’s not an option with this theme? Either way, I need all my portfolio items to show as separate projects…HELP!

Hello Heather,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and it seems that you do not have a link to your portfofolio page. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Peter, I posted a secure note under my initial post as the option was not there to do this under your response.
Thanks for your help.

Hello Heather,

As it turns out, you did not add a featured image in your portfolio items which is why it is not displaying in the portfolio page. Please see the sample URLs in the secure note.

Best Regards.

Great, I didn’t know that would mean the difference from a portfolio showing or not. Still doesn’t speak to why I cannot make a portfolio menu item in the header.

Hi Heather,

You can add your portfolio items as Custom Links in the menu. To do this, navigate to Appearance > Menus, in the "Add menu items" panel, open Custom Links option and add your portfolio menu item URL in the URL field (see screenshot)

Also set the Link Text and hit Add to Menu button. Repeat this process if you want to show more portfolio items in the menu.

Hope this helps!

I keep how to add feature images, which I did today. Then I was able to create a menu page titled portfolio, and they populated, but the home page See My Portfolio still took it to a age saying nothing to see here. And now my photos are no longer showing up! Can’t I get someone to walk me through my site with a shared screen to show me what I missed?

Hi Heather,

You need to use Layout - Portfolio to your Portfolio page for it to populate the portfolio posts (I did go ahead and done this).

Set up Portfolios
Portfolio

Hope it helps,
Cheers,

Thank you. Now how do I keep the date from showing on each project, seeing as I loaded them all in the last few days. And am I able to put the projects in a certain order?

Hi Heather,

The portfolio posts will be displayed from newest to oldest, you’re going to need a custom or 3rd party portfolio grid if you need to reorder this. You can hide the date, by disabling the Post Meta under Theme Options > Portfolio > Post Meta

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

First, thank you Friech for getting those photos up. I was shocked and happily surprised :grinning:

Do you know of a specific third party app/plug-in that will allow me to do this? I get the newest etc., yet none are in the correct order since I didn’t originally understand how to work the X Theme portfolio. Just loaded up each project photo.

Hi Heather,

Glad to hear that we could be of help.

One of a plugin that you can use to create a portfolio grid is Essential Grid, it is an X and PRO bundle plugin so you can install it directly under Pro > Validation or X > Validation

If you’re new to Essential Grid, this tutorials might help.

IF the only concern is the ordering, you can edit the time of your portfolio post and order it newest to the oldest.

Hope it helps,
Cheers

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.