No Content in Cornerstone

Hello,

We’ve been running the X Theme for 2 years without issue but something seemed to have happened this week when our pages/posts are no longer editable in Cornerstone, when I “Edit in Cornerstone” for a previously fine page I just get a header and footer with no sections or blocks.

In wordpress edit I can see the code/shortcode for the page and the pages are rendering just fine, my issue is just the content not showing in Cornerstone. Any ideas?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you for writing in, did you happen to edit your pages outside of Cornerstone? because that is usually the cause of that issue.

If not, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

It is certainly behaving exactly like that since I’ve seen that before. But now it’s happening on all pages/posts, even on things that haven’t been touched in years.

Whenever I go to the Cornerstone tab I do get the warning about the content being edited outside of Cornerstone but there’s no way that has happened all of the sudden to every single page and post, even ones that haven’t been touched in a long time.

I’ve also tried disabling all other plugins and reinstalling the cornerstone plugin, reinstalling the theme and disabling our child theme just to be sure.

The only things that weren’t impacted were pages/post that had not been published yet. I can also create a new page and everything works just fine.

Unfortunately I don’t have a way to grant access our site. Our server admin has wp-admin access limited to our VPN only.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Hello @stevec114,

Since you have a limited VPN access only, I would recommend that you create a staging site online where we can test or check your posts/pages. This is very useful because do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site and we can test drive any X updates in the staging area. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Thank you in advance.

I see that there are several other posts with similar Cornerstone issues so there is certainly something larger at play. I have also updated to X 7.2.1 and Cornerstone 4.2.1 and still have the same issue.

Similar issue posted about here: After update Cornerstone cannot render code

This is affecting all pages, even existing ones. My homepage is affected but looking at revisions it hasn’t been touched in 11 months.

Hello @stevec114,

Just an hour ago, X 7.2.2 and Cornerstone 4.2.2 has been released and are now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues, like you have mentioned above, so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the update does not help, it is best that we can have access to the site so that we can investigate further.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.