No Container with Layout Builder?

Is it possible to have “No Container” with the new Layout builder for Single “Posts” or Single “Products” like the Template chooser in the normal Page builder?

I want to build WC Single product Layouts with fullwidth (no container) edge to edge backgrounds in my various sections. I can’t seem to find a way to do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey Jacob,

It sounds like your Site Layout is Boxed. That’s the only instance that the Layout Builder will not span fullwidth of the screen. Regretfully, there is no way to make the Layout Builder fullwidth if the Site Layout is Boxed. You need to switch to Fullwidth Site Layout to make the Layout Builder span fullwidth. If you need boxed layout for other pages, you need to create custom layouts for them.

Hope that helps.

Hi thanks for the suggestion but the Site Layout was already set to Fullwidth. I started my layout with the WC Single layout option, and then the Product 2 Template as a starting point. What I’m running into it there is a “space” presumably a max-width, or padding, or margin of some kind that prevents the section (called Information in the template) to become truly “Fullwidth” In a normal page when you choose the “No Container, Header, Footer” option the background colors or images can go to the edge of the window. In the WC Single layout builder they cannot, or I can’t figure out how at least.

I’ve colored the section red to illustrate this for you. There is white space to the left and right of the section in the builder which carries over to the Frontend.

This is Section padding settings
Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 2.18.01 PM

This is the Theme Option Settings

Does this help make it any clearer?

Hello Jacob,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your layout settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Hi Jacob,

Regretfully, the given credentials are not working. Please double check and update it with the correct one.

Thank you.

My Apologies, I will check those and try again.

Hello Jacob,

By default, the Integrity stack uses this built-in CSS in the stylesheet:

[class*=woocommerce] .entry-wrap {
    padding: 60px;
}

This will also affect the WC single layout created in the Layout Builder. To get around this, insert the code above your WC single layout CSS section and set the padding value to 0 pixel.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you! Looks like that is working perfectly!

Hey Jacob,

You are most welcome. It’s good to know that you got it working.
Don’t hesitate to open another thread if there’s anything else we can help you with.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.