No Comments tab in WP Dashboard?

I have a bunch of spam comments on various articles I’d like to easily delete.

Apparently there should be a Comments tab on my WP Dashboard, but it’s not there.

How to I enable this Comment tab so that I can easily manage them?

Also, is there a way to help avoid these?

I have google verification in place for sign-ups, not sure if it can be enabled for comments too?

Hello John,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Ok I tried and couldn’t figure it out.

I’ll add login info to this reply.

Thanks!

Hey John,

If you have tried ALL the Troubleshooting Steps, did the Comments menu appear when you switched to the default theme? If not, the cause of the issue is not our theme.

Moreover, if the issue is because of our theme, we’ll be able to replicate the issue. Our themes don’t have a feature to disable the Comments menu in the Dashboard.

My colleague previously also said to copy your live site to staging. If that can’t be done, please know that we’ll do the troubleshooting steps again to double check. That will disturb your users. If you’re OK with that. We’ll proceed after your confirmation and answer to my question above.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.