New versions of PRO 6.0.7 update to PHP 8 crushed the website and other problems

Hi,

1. I have the newest PRO version and we have tried to upgrade to PHP 8, which crashes the website with message: There has been a critical error on this website. When switching to Theme 2023 the message disappears, so it clearly is a theme related problem. But I cannot identify the issue. We have now switched back to PHP 7.4 and the website is back. While we had that ‘after update error’ error_log showed the details, which I have attached: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1scUENEhVZbhqVVxQ-hBVi4n_mBLLXMjo/view?usp=sharing
    I don’t understand much, unfortunately.

Also since I have updated PRO I have problems with backend.
2. I cannot see all my posts on the Cornerstone list.
3. I also often get a message that the element is undefined, and it refers to all the elements in the post. Even when I try to create a new post layout with new elements, I see the same message. Such situation happens from time to time. Simetimes everything works and sometimes nothing works…
4. Plus the bug that was already confirmed that dynamic content in classic element doesnt show up on the front end. Hope to see the fix soon…

Overall that recent upgrade is just trouble maker as far as I am concerned…

Beata

Hey @tashitendrel,

Thanks for reaching out!

Pro 6 is compatible with PHP 8 but we are not sure why you encounter an issue. It would be best if we could check the problem properly. Would you mind sharing with us the following information in a Secure Note?

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access
  • Please also update the PHP version to PHP 8

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I have sent the Secure note. PHP8 crashed the website, so please have a look asap…

Hello @tashitendrel,

Regretfully we cannot check the site because the FTP details are not working for us. Please double-check it first. In the meantime, kindly do the following:

• Enable the WordPress debug mode. You might be able to see an error message on the site right away. If not, the error log could reveal where the problem is originating.
  • If you’re using a child theme, try switching to the parent theme to see if that makes a difference. The conflict could be in your customizations.

Best Regards.

Hi, I have added another FTP access now and info from error_log.
Switching from Child Theme to Pro doesnt change anything.

Hi, I understand that I won’t get any help from you over the weekend, so I had to change PHP back to 7.4. Otherwise the website is gone. but the debug file is still there and already has over 144 MB… Looks like the problems come from Cornerstone, mostly Archive Layouts.

Hello @tashitendrel,

We highly recommend that you clone your site in a staging site. In the staging area, set the PHP version to 8 so we can do the troubleshooting and testing mainly in the staging area and without breaking your main site.

Best Regards.

Hello,
we have created the staging site: https://staging.dharmaebooks.org
Let me know if you need anything else to check it.
Beata

Hello again, looks like my staging site looks Ok on the front on php8. I think that the last update to pro 6.1 fixed some issue. However on the back end Cornerstone doesnt display the list of content, saying that there is no content… And when I open a post from Wordpress Post list, Cornerstone says that the all emelents are undefined.

Hi @tashitendrel,

The issue you described here mostly shows when the elements are not available. If you are using the Classic Element, you may need to turn it on, please check the article.

If you are using any custom elements, please check the code you have added for that. If that is not the case, please share the admin credentials for your staging site for further investigation.

Thanks

I have just sent the access to the staging site. The problems I have described above (also Cornerstone not showing list of contents) are still there. And I have all the classic elements activated.

The main site is still on php 7.4 and there are no such problems.

Hello @tashitendrel,

First, we need to find the template file which I found in your child theme. You need to relocate the _landmark-header.php file from /wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/views/integrity/ to the new location which should be /wp-content/themes/pro-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/integrity/.

Second, please compare your server settings between the staging and the main site. You can do that by checking out Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. The Tools > Site Health > Status must NOT have any performance issues as well. See the secure note below.

You may need to do the following:

• Make sure that you increase the PHP memory limit to at least 512M. Follow the steps mentioned here for more information.
  • Enable the WordPress debug mode. You might be able to see an error message on the site right away. If not, the error log could reveal where the problem is originating.

Lastly, I am seeing your post items. Can you please clarify which WordPress Post list you have experienced an issue with?

• See secure note below

Best Regards.

Dear Ruenel,

1. I think there is a small mistake in the destination location, which should be: /wp-content/themes/**pro**/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/integrity/ Right now I can see _landmark-header.php in both locations, should I then delete it from Pro Child location? Or move it first and then delete?

2. There are some performance problems in the staging site, but they are not present in the main site.

3. Regarding the PHP memory limit, my hosting doesn’t want to increase it. We have a basic VPS and increasing memory limit would mean running out of memory very quickly…
    Debug mode is still on. It doesnt show any messages when I switch to php8, although they are enabled. But error log became huge, over 140 mb, it’s too much for me to guess which line shows the main problem…

1. Copy the Pro template file and folder structure for that template to your Pro child. Since your current file is not following the new folder structure, it’s probably doing nothing so you can delete after.
  2. Sometimes staging environments don’t have the same amount of resources.
  3. If you move the current error log and create a new one does it create a smaller more digestible error log for us?

Let us know if that helped, have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.