Need Help Removing Second Pro Install and Validating the License

Hi, I couldn’t validate Pro on my new website. When I enter the validation code, the website just crashes.

I also noticed there are a couple of bugs in the website, such as icons disappearing and headers not being formatted properly.

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that are currently two installs of Pro on my Themes, but I also couldn’t delete the other one. When I click on “Theme Details” nothing happens. I accidentally added the second one because I didn’t notice that my first attempt to upload Pro went through.

Hopefully, you can help with this matter.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for writing in, 2 issues I saw here, first your version of Modern Events Calendar is outdated and second you rename the updated Pro folder to something than pro.

To resolve this please navigate to Plugins panel and deactivate the Modern Events Calendar you need to update this later.

Then connect to your server via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager, navigate to /wp-content/themes/ Identify which of your two Pro folder is the updated one, you can check that by opening the style.css file on those folders and you’ll see the version in there.

Rename the updated version of Pro folder to just pro then navigate back to your admin dashboard and reactivate the updated Pro theme, you can then delete the old one to avoid confusion. Then validate your PRO.

Product Validation

Then update your Modern Events Calendar and reactivate it.

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you for the very detailed instructions. I will work on them now and let you know.

You’re welcome, let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.