Need help building custom sidebars for logged-in users

Hi,

I’ve been using Widget logic to turn on and off sidebar widgets based upon whether a user is logged in or not. After running into what appeared to be a caching issue but isn’t, I looked into this further and it seems the plugin has been abandoned.

Can you advise me on the best way to approach sidebars for logged in and logged out users, please? Specifically I use BuddyPress and BBPress for my logged in users, and display a BBPress sidebar when logged in. On the same page when they are logged out they see a different sidebar, a public-facing one. You can see the logged out BBPress sidebar here.

Thanks for any pointers.

Hello @demonboy,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that the 3rd party plugin that you are using is no longer been supported and has been abandoned by its authors. Since you are using the Pro theme, you can create a custom layout for both single and archives pages and then use Widget Area elements where in you can utilize the Conditions and Assignment feature to show or hide the widget when a user is logged in or not.

If you are not familiar with the Conditions and Assignments yet, please check this out:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.