Need breadcrumbs to show category

Hi, I am trying to use breadcrumbs on my product and shop pages. I need to show the category rather than the shop page because I am using shortcodes to show categories on individual pages.
How do I do this? I have gone through the forum and tried various solutions but none are working for me. Thanks

Hi @sarahlouisewaterhouse,

What you are expecting requires custom development. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you with the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Alternatively, you can go through the following thread, which provides a probable solution.

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.

Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.

We really do not provide support for custom codes, which means we can’t fix them in case they conflict with something on your site, nor will we enhance them. On further customization should be directed to a third-party developer, or you can avail of One, where we answer questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

Thank you for that. It did not work for me as it took you back to the category archive instead of the previous page where the category was placed . Is there any way to just have historic breadcrumbs? like a back button?

The breadcrumb shows you the hierarchy of the page. What you are expecting is the previous page link, like history, which is not possible.

Thanks

Seems so weird not to have that option, given that is what breadcrumbs are intended to do…show you where you came from.
Please could you point me to something that allows me to display breadcrumbs that show where you came from. If I pay for ONE, will they help me?

The One service answers the question that beyond the normal support, not helped in the custom development. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you in doing the customization.

Thanks

Ok Thanks.

You are most welcome @sarahlouisewaterhouse