Need a logo slider but images in The Grid or Essential Grid not sizing properly

I am trying to create a very simple logo slider by having all of the projects logos my client has done slowing scroll from L to R (or R to L) in a single row. I have tried building this slider in both Essential Grid and The Grid plugins, but issue is the same with both, the logo images are far too zoomed in and are being cropped to the point where they are indefinable. I have tried playing with the global images settings in each plugin and as well tried playing with the individual slide settings of each (by hitting the gear icon on the slide). I have even tried resizing the images, but no matter what I seem to do, the logos will not sit cleanly and uncropped within their respective squares. See attached screenshot.

I don’t care if I use Essential Grid or The Grid, I am familiar with both. I will just go with whatever you suggest is the easiest to achieve what I want to achieve.

Thanks for your help!

-Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for writing in! When using any of the plugin, make sure that you are using the original image size. See the image below:

Essential Grid:

The Grid:

Best Regards.

Thanks for the quick response Ruenel!

Unfortunately, I tried that and no change to the size and look of the images/slides.

See attached screenshot…and this is after I changed to “original size” in both plugins…

Hi @444media,

You maybe using a caching plugin. Kindly make sure that all caches are cleared. I have checked your account and it seems that you have several sites. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks Ruenel…submitted secure note above. Thank you for your help!

Hello @444media,

I have logged in and investigated your issue. Actually this is not an issue but a matter of tweaking in the skin of your grid. For example, in your Essential Grid, I went ahead and edited your grid skin. I simply switched the Media Fit option in your Layout Composition from Cover to Contain.

To learn more about how you can edit the grid skin, kindly check this out:

By the way, the images on the grid are displaying properly now:

• see the secure note.

Thanks Ruenel!

Seems that The Grid is displaying them the best between the two plugins. I think though they need to be farther apart from each other. Would the only solution for that be to add some padding around each logo in Photoshop (create a new image file with just more padding around the logo image, then use those images)? Or would there be a way within The Grid to have some spacing between the slides? That would be easier, if that’s possible?

Never mind…figured that one out! I can just adjust the spacing between the slides.

Thanks for your help again Ruenel!

-Chris

You’re welcome @444media!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.