Navigation issue

Hello - I cannot figure out for the life of me why my navigation is acting up. The drop down is appearing on top of the menu item instead of below. Feel like i’ve tried everything to fix this. https://endrewalls.com is my site.

Hi Endre,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site and it seems like a cache issue, please test for the following first:

1. DISABLING CACHE
  2. DISABLING CDN
  3. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  4. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION

If the issue persists then please get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thanks!

When I refresh the cache, no problems - sure. But the page performance isn’t great…for as awesome of the site looks, programmatically it doesn’t perform well and both things are important. So I need to use something to help with caching and minification to improve page speed and improve my search ranking. I need help understanding which CSS is involved so I can get the menu positioned where it’s supposed to be. But disabling plugins and not using CDN isn’t an answer.

Hello Endre

It seems that there is an issue of cache because that menu style is not rendering properly. To change the Dropdown menu position Please set the margin-top from the Navigation Inline —> First Dropdown Margin

Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Please the margin-top as per design.

Hope it helps
Thanks

That did make a difference - so something with the caching is causing the menu elements to not appear in-line then? Just trying to find a balance here because I need better page ranking. I use hummingbird cache right now but I might get rid of it because it hasn’t been great.

Hello Endre,

Yes, due to aggressive page caching because of that the CSS is not rendering properly, You can try a different plugin for site performance and ranking. Please note that we don’t provide any support for the third-party plugin. It is out of support scope.

In case if you haven’t seen our doc about how to optimize your website performance please have a look at it.

You may check our video doc as well

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.