My website headline's font style has changed since updating theme and cornerstone

Hi,
Ever since updating the theme and cornerstone yesterday the style for the headlines and titles font has changed.

I’m using integrity and I’ve tried clearing the cache, did a backup and deactivated the file optimization settings on wp-rocket. However, I haven’t had any luck. It says the font is Lato and normal style, however, it seems very different from before the update. Please click this link to check out my website.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Hello Bill,

Thanks for writing in! There is a known bug that fonts are not loaded in previous release 9.0.x of the theme. Please make sure that you have updated to the X theme 9.0.4 and Cornerstone 6.0.4. You can check out the changelog and the status update here:

Best Regards.

Hi,
I did update both the theme and cornerstone to the latest version yesterday however, the style for the headlines and titles are still not looking right. I’ve tried looking for a way to adjust them and try to get back to how it was before the update but haven’t had any luck.

On my website I’ve tried adjusting the font weights for the headlines and titles. However, I don’t notice a change with font weights below 400.

On the integrity demo site using the chrome developers inspection tool I can adjust the font weight down to 100 and I can notice a difference. Also, I can adjust to 400, 600 and 900 and I notice a difference. There also appears to be additional styling on the integrity demo page for the headline element?

On my website it appears the 400 font weight is as low as I can go. Also, I tried font 900 and it looks like a font weight of 600.

I think I can only get font 400 and 600 on my website for the headlines and titles? Also, the styling for the headline element might be different from the integrity demo page. Using the developers tool to inspect both pages the integrity demo page headline element appeared to have more styling then on my page?

Thanks for your help!
Bill

Hello Bill,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to have a closer look at your site settings. I would request you if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,
I did try again this afternoon to see if I could change the font weights through theme options and it worked for me! Not sure what happened earlier today but my headings appear back to normal!

I did have a question. When I had the theme options opened, I changed the font weight for the body and content and I noticed that the font for the slider revolution had changed. I thought that the font setting for the slider revolution was was separate?

Thanks,
Bill

Hello Bill,

Yes, the font of the Slider Revolution is separate from the theme options.

If you insert a text layer to your slider, it has its own font selector and the Theme Options typography settings should not affect whatever font settings you have set in the slider.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.