Modern Slider to show 5 random posts from all posts

I have a slider set up to pull in items from the portfolio.

I want to limit the number of slides that are shown but equally, I want these to be random from all the portfolio items. Is this possible?

So if a user goes to the site more than once they will see 5(for example) slides but will these will be random on each visit. As you can see from the dev site there are a lot of dots which is slightly offputting.

Thanks
Henry

Hello @henrybag,

Thanks for writing in! Yes, random portfolio items can be displayed in the slider. You may use the Looper Provider/Consumer feature to pull up portfolio items randomly. The Looper Provider Query Builder can help you use this setting:

If you are not familiar with the Slider element and the Looper provider, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Thanks - I’d tried this setting but it seems to just pull in the same 5 slides rather than random slides from all portfolio items?

Hi @henrybag,

One of the customers was having the same problem a few days ago, I would suggest you go through the following thread that might be helpful.

Thanks

Thanks - will have a look at that and respond as I’m on SiteGround hosting.

Hi @henrybag,

Please let us know the feedback from them.

Thanks

Hi

I’ve turned off all available caching and on SiteGround and have been in touch with support about the article you mentioned. SiteGround don’t see anything their end that would prevent the Random feature working.

I’ll add log-in details to a secure note, would you be able to check it for me?

This layout uses the random feature at the bottom

Thanks
H

Hello Henry,

It looks like that your Post Type Order plugin is causing the issue. I have temporarily deactivated it and now the Random portfolio items were displayed.

Check the secure note below.

Best Regards.

Thanks that’s great - I’ve switched from Post Type Order to Intuitive Custom Post Order and all seems fine now.

Hi @henrybag,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.