Modern Event Calendar - upcomming Event showing finished

I have created an event for 21st January 2021 and the same is showing at https://www.bil-guild.org/bisg-events/netflix-party but this page is not showing the date and also showing that this event is finished.

Hi Karn,

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your modern event calendar.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I have tried all these tricks but the problem is still there. I have shared you the secure note. Please have a look on it.

Hi Karn,

The issue mentioned has been replicated into your site only, I checked other installations and the issue does not persist. Can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site?
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Created the same Event on the development server at https://demo.bil-guild.org/events/netflix-party and this is all working fine there. What could be the issue with live server?

Hi Karn,

Would you mind give us the credentials for your staging area so that we can compare both websites and able to help you to solve your issue? please add it in the secure note.

Thank you

I have just posted the demo server admin login details in the secure notes. Please have a look at it now.

Hey Karn,

There might be some time setting issue in your live server. Please have your web host compare the server time settings of your live and staging site.

Regretfully, since we do not have complete control over the server, we could not fix server issues. This also is not a plugin issue as my colleague has tested that it works on his sites and you said it works in your staging too.

Thank you for understanding.

I can see an “Event Data” tab under the “Event Details” section and this tab is not there in the development server. Can this be a reason? Although I checked the date and time setting on the server and that’s all looking fine. Please suggest what other reason could be as you got this plugin installed on so many websites and this could have been an issue with few other people as well.

Hi Karn,

It seems that in the demo server the Event is working fine. It shows the Count Down timer to the start date of the event.

I would suggest you, deactivate and delete the said plugin and re-install it from X > Validation. Please let us know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks

I just tried what you suggested above and this still didn’t resolve the issue.

Also why does it say below?:
Envira Gallery : No valid license key has been entered, so automatic updates for Envira Gallery have been turned off. Please click here to enter your license key and begin receiving automatic updates.

Hey Karn,

Would you mind switching off all the MEC integrations to test if any of them causes the issue? That’s the only difference I see for now between the live and staging sites. I see the Event Data in staging too.

Regarding Envira Gallery having no license, that’s normal for all bundled plugins in a theme. Please ignore it. You will not receive updates from the plugin author but us.

Thanks.

I switched off all the MEC integrations as suggested but the issue is still there.

Hi Karn,

I checked the same event in the demo server and it still shows the countdown to the start date, not finished as your live** server shows. Can you please check this once in your demo server?

Thanks

I checked the demo event at https://demo.bil-guild.org/events/netflix-party and this is showing as “On Going” as the event has started and the end date is set for 2024. So this is fine on the Demo server but how can we get this working on the live server? Also, why is this asking me to go “Premium”? Since this plugin is coming with “X” them then it should always be in “Premium” mode.

Hey, today I was playing something more on the Events and not sure how but it looks like this starts working now. Please see the same at https://www.bil-guild.org/events/netflix-party. Thanks for your patience with me.

Now my concern is: could you please help me getting the right sidebar the same as coming on Demo at https://demo.bil-guild.org/events/netflix-party?

Hi Karn,

The credentials you provided is not an administrator:

Staging:

Live:

To proceed with your follow up question, I advice you that you replicate all the settings of your staging area to your live website in order for them to have the same sidebar.

I also suggest that you upgrade your theme to the latest version because currently your X theme is 8.1.2 and cornerstone plugin is 5.1.5 which they are not compatible with each other. The first thing you should do is deactivate and delete the cornerstone plugin (the reason for this is to avoid any issue when upgrading your theme). Second, upgrade your X theme to the latest version. Third, install again the cornerstone plugin.

Hope that helps.

Thankyou.

The credentials, I provided are the Administrator ones. When you are logged in then please put the “wp-admin” again in the URL and it will show you the admin section. we have a redirection set in the place, so that whenever anybody logged-in, they should be redirected to the “My Account” page.

Now I have followed your recommendations and have updated the X theme and Cornerstone plugin to their latest versions.

Also I checked all settings and they all are the same in both Live and Demo. But still, the right sidebar in the live site is not same as the demo one.

Hey Karn,

I just like to comment on the incorrect time issue. Since it just got fixed without us doing something and without changes in MEC, my first assumption is most probably correct which is there is a timing problem in your live server.

Now to the sidebar question, go to Appearance > Widgets, remove the WordPress Widgets in your MEC Sidebar and load it up with MEC Widgets.

Hope that helps.