Modern event calendar not loading / showing

Hi,

I noticed that my event calendar pages are not loading and sometimes give me a error 500. I don’t know when this start to happen. I’m on latest version of Wordpress and all my plugins are up to date.

Also noticed that my desktop page on backoffice is not loading all widgets, I only see the modern event calendar widget title, nothing else. If I deactivate modern event calendar all my widgets returns to home page on backoffice.

Hello @aulaxativa,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. Child Theme Issue
  3. CSS/JS Customization
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of the above help, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, attached the site details.

Hi @aulaxativa,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your page that has issues, on this page there is an error which is preventing the Modern Events Calendar plugin to work. This is usually due to third party plugin / script conflict. I checked your plugins section and you have many plugins active currently. Please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi, I deactivated all my plugins and the problem persist. What can I do now?

I think the problem is with the Modern Event Calendar plugin. If I deactivate this plugin my desktop page on backoffice works perfect. I think is a problem with this plugin.

Hello @aulaxativa,

Please see the secure note below and resolve some of the server configuration settings on your site.

We also recommend that you increase your File Max Upload to at least 64MB and then the PHP time limit to at least 300s as well. Perhaps this link can help you:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi, and thanks for your kindly help. Solved the problems with file max upload and php time limit, also solved the errors on Wordpress site health, but still having problems with Modern Event Calendar not showing events. I think there is a problem with plugin itself. There is an update for the plugin but can’t get it by normal Wordpress plugin update page. I don’t know if this could solve the problem. I need the events showing on my site because we work with it. What can I do?

Hey @aulaxativa,

MEC is conflicting with something in your site only. MEC works fine in all my installs.

Would you mind copying your live site to staging so we could check what is causing the issue without the risk of accidentally breaking your site? You can follow the instruction here https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

If copying to staging isn’t feasible for you, you will need to restore an old copy of your site when the MEC plugin still works.

The latest version of MEC 5.13 isn’t available to be released yet as we are still testing its overall compatibility with our themes. That has the potential of solving the problem in your site too so if you can wait, this is also an option.

Thanks.

Hi Christian, and thanks for your fast reply. Is not possible to me to make a staging site, but I made a copy of all my files and database, so you can do whatever you want to try fix the problem without care so much about it.

I’m planing to migrate all site to another private server with more capacity in a month, so if you broke the site I can upload files and database to the new server and start from this situation.

Thanks a lot for your kindly help.

Hi @aulaxativa,

We need a VPN to access your website. Can you please turn off the IP restriction of your website so that we can help you debug the issue and we don’t use any third-party tools like VPN to access your website.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a!!

I think the IP restriction is turned off now. Please, let me now if you need something more.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @aulaxativa,

The conflict is with your web server/web host and Modern Events Calendar. I’ve even updated it to the latest version but the issue persists.

Your web host configuration looks fine on the surface so it will only be your host that can fix the issue as they are the only ones who could see the server error logs. On our end, we only see the 500 server error. There’s no error log in your WordPress install.

I’m sorry to be the one to say this to you but if your web host could not fix the issue, you need to move to a better server as this is a server and/or WordPress setup conflict with MEC. MEC works in a lot of servers and I personally am not experiencing the issue in my test sites.

Thank you for understanding.

Ok, I will try to migrate my web to the new server and see if it solves the problem.

I’ll inform you in case the problem persist.

Thanks for your kindly help.

Hi @aulaxativa,

Sure, please let us know how it goes. Please feel free for any further query regarding our theme.

Have a great day!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.