Modal links to external page, but it shouldn't

I’ve created a Content Area Modal that is supposed to be just some text. No links whatsoever. It should open and close, and that’s it.

However, when hovering over the content, my cursor changes into a tooltip (pointing to another page). If I click anywhere on the modal, it takes me to that page.
Also if I close the modal, it takes me to that same page.

Please advice!

Hello @eelcomenkveld,

Thanks for writing in!

This issue is happening because of the broken HTML codes added on the page. Please edit your page and recheck your HTML codes that you have inserted. Make sure that all your HTML is valid and correct. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel,

Broken html? So far as I know there’s no “broken” html.
The whole modal area acts as a hyperlink to whatever the last link in the footer is (now it’s the terms & conditions page (algemene voorwaarden)).
This is rather specific behaviour, but certainly the modal isn’t supposed to link anywhere. It is supposed to open, show content, and close.
Hopefully I’ve clarified the issue. Please advice.
Best,
Eelco

Hi @eelcomenkveld

We found that the closing tag of the terms & condition page has not been closed properly. And that is what referred to as Broken HTML.
Go to the Theme Option>Footer>Footer Content and add the closing tag to the hyperlink a tag.

Please remember that the closing tag must also match the hierarchy, for example, it should be before

instead of after.

Hope this will help.

Thanks

Ouch! So simple. Sorry to bother you with this.
A big thank you!
Cheers,
Eelco

Hi @eelcomenkveld

Great it resolved.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.