Mobile Menu not working in mobile view and tablet view

When you try to open the menu from mobile the menu is not opening

I have tried the fix from

this doesn’t seem to help

can you please let us know how to fix it

URL : https://hrapp.in

this seems to happen very often and can you please provide a permanent fix for this problem

Hi @cksiva09,

I checked and can see that the js code for the menu doesn’t seem to trigger.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi

i have deactivated all the 3rd party plugins and it still dosent seems to work . It was working few weeks ago and it suddenly stopped working . No extra plugins were added .

Just want to understand why a 3rd party plugin completely unrelated to the theme is affecting the theme elements such as menu , all our 3rd party plugins were related to the SEO and not the menu functionality .

I can see several people reported this issue and its very common and frequent . Do you have a permanent fix for this to isolate menu from being affected by the 3rd party plugins ?

1 Like

Hi @cksiva09,

I checked the console and I am seeing from Javascript error that is coming from the templates-and-addons-for-wpbakery-page-builder ::

Please note that the mobile menu runs through a Javascript code and since the plugin mentioned is generating an error, it causes issues with the other elements on the page.

X, Cornerstone and Pro coding adheres to the latest Wordpress coding standards and convention. However, we cannot make sure that all plugins available online will work as expected due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

Thanks for the assist . I can understand why its happening whenever there is an update . We use visual composer for many page designs and those addons seems to be in conflict with the theme . Since its used as a design element i cant remove them before adding an replacement for those areas , i can work around it . Thanks for the reply

Just a quick question we are still at word press 4.x will there be any problem updating to wordpress 5.x ?

I have removed the plugin . Menu seems to be opening now but the click action is not working . When i click menu items it dosent take it to the respective page

these is no error in console now

Hi @cksiva09,

There are no known issues related to the latest version of WordPress.

But you should backup your website before upgrading:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress

Thanks.

I have removed the plugin . Menu seems to be opening now but the click action is not working . When i click menu items it dosent take it to the respective page

these is no error in console now

Hi @cksiva09,

Can you please find and remove this custom JS under Theme Options > JS?

function($){
  $('.x-navbar .mobile .x-nav li>a').on('touchend click', function(){
    $('.x-nav-wrap.mobile').toggleClass('x-collapsed');
    $('.x-btn-navbar').toggleClass('collapsed');
  });
})(jQuery);

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Thanks

It works now .

You’re most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.