Mobile hamburger menus and accordions broken on Safari 15

Hey folks,

We’ve noticed today that our mobile hamburger menus and any “classic accordion” elements have stopped responded to clicks on the latest version of Safari (15.0). It still works on all other browsers and older version of Safari (we tested on 14.1).

An example page: https://www.wfmt.com/programs/folkstage/

This site is running X version 4.3.3 with Cornerstone 5.3.3

We also have a newer development version of the site running X version 5.1.4 with Cornerstone 6.1.4. That development site is facing the same issues.

We noticed another thread on here with someone possibly facing the same issue: Menu Icon doesn't work in Iphone 6

We’re not seeing any console errors when we click on these elements, just nothing happens.

Thanks,
Mike Scipioni

Hello Mike,

Thanks for writing in! Please provide the URL of your development site. We will be using that to troubleshoot your issue. Before anything else, have you cleared your plugin caches already? Please do check out this documentation:

It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

We would be happy to check the staging site if all of the above fails. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP Staging login URL
– WP Staging username
– WP Staging password
– WP Staging Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Rue,

We’ve cleared all of our caches and followed the troubleshooting article, but the issues persist.

We’ve added a secure note to our original post with the credentials. You are free to make changes to that staging site.

Hey @wwci,

It’s weird that I’ve done the troubleshooting steps on your site and it worked in iOS 15 Safari 15. Would you mind checking your staging site now that all 3rd party plugins are disabled and the parent Pro 5.1.4 is used? Clear your phone’s browser cache too.

Note that I opened your site first in Safari 15 and I saw the issue. It’s then I deactivated all 3rd party plugins and switched to the latest parent theme that the menu (Off Canvas) worked.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.