Missing Save Button in Pro 4.1.4

Hello,

The Save button does not appear when I am working in edit mode in my version of Pro 4.1.4 installed on my computer (attached) as shown in the screenshot taken from a Themeco video on YouTube (also attached).

Thank you.

1 Like

ok that one is scary… thank god i didnt update yet… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s really odd, is that out of habit from using my everyday apps (Adobe and MS apps), and on a hunch, I hit Command+S on my Macbook Pro and the standard small message in green lettering popped up saying “Your Work is Saved.”

That was just a total guess/hunch. While I’m glad that worked, I prefer to see and use the Save button.

1 Like

Hi @arlington1,

Thanks for reaching out!

There’s a new update of the Pro theme just a while ago and I advise you to update it to the latest version. On the other hand, there could be a plugin or custom code that affects your save button.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @arlington1,

I’ve logged into your site and I can see the save button. If cmd+s is working, I think the button is actually there but something is either causing it to be hidden or pushed outside the viewport on the device you’re using. Can you let us know what OS and browser versions you’re working with? I’ve tried a few combinations but it’s always showing up for me.

hi @alexander,

Thanks for looking into this. Here’s my stack:
Mac:
Mac OS: 11.1 (20C69) Big Sur
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Google:
Version 88.0.4324.150 (Google Chrome is up to date)
I’ll just continue to use CMD+S.

Thanks!

Hey @arlington1,

You’re not seeing the Save button because the builder is being pushed from the top of the screen by your Hello Bar.

Please disable it or have it show only on specific URLs. Contact the plugin developer of the Hello Bar.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.