Migration from X to Pro

Hello Themeco team,
I have my site on X theme wanted to move to Pro to take benefit of Header features. Can you please guide me on below three areas

1. I am using few plugins (Grid, SuperFly menu etc.) - How to verify my plugins are fully supported in Pro
  2. Is there a reference checklist/tutorial for doing the migration
  3. How can i upgrade my Stage to Pro, test and then migration my production to Pro…

Pls guide.

Hey @chhavinarang,

Thanks for posting in!

Upon activating the Pro theme in your site that is currently built with the X theme and Cornerstone plugin, all your X theme settings will be inherited by the Pro theme settings. All those pages/posts that were created with Cornerstone will automatically work as well.

If you are using the X child theme, you may need to download and use the Pro Child theme and then transfer all your X child theme template customizations (if you have any) to the Pro child theme.

By the way, check out this documentation:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your inputs. I was able to change to Pro and it works well except one issue

I had the menu bar/ top menu fixed ( selecting header property Navbar = Fixed Top). but after moving to Pro it seems to be not fixed. Pls guide how to make the nav bar fixed in Pro. Here is the setup https://skidzezone.wpengine.com/

Hi @chhavinarang,

The Fixed Top option on the Theme Options is only for the standard header.

If your header is built in Header Builder, you need to set the Bar to Sticky if you need it to be a fix bar.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks for the information. I made the suggested changes (Options = sticky). Both Menu and Top bar are now fixed. But when i do page scroll, the menu items go bad. On scroll - the menu shift to right and down and become not visible. Please suggest how to fix.

Hello @chhavinarang,

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your custom header bar settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

Thanks, I just posted a secure note with the details.

Hi @chhavinarang,

I have checked your website and found that the Navigation Menu Items shifted to the right while scrolling. It might be due to the Horizontal position of the Flexbox attribute of the Container. I have selected the Start and now the Menu Items are not shifting.

Screenshot-870-

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello Tristup,
Thanks for checking. I changed the Horizontal value to End, since wanted to have the menu item in extreme right but the scroll still shifts the menu items. Pls guide

Hi Chhavi,

Its not always good idea to have 2 sticky bar. Here’s what you need to do, disable the sticky option on your 2 current bars.

Then duplicate your 2nd bar and made that as the sticky bar, only that bar will be the sticky one.
Enable the Hide Initially option of that sticky bar so it only show up on scroll.

Then you can style this sticky bar as you see fit.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.