Menu item in navbar not clickable on touch device

Hi Themeco,

I just recognized that on iPads within the desktop navbar menu items which have an subitem are not touchable/clickable. So the parent sites are not reachable. This happens on iPads, where the normal/desktop navbar is shown (landscape mode). The hamburger menu works fine. I found several older forum entries which didn´t help. Costum CSS and JS code isn´t responsible as I tried it aswell without them. Could you provide some solution on how it could be “touchable” and working or how I can change the breakpoints and use the hamburger menu instead for iPads in landscape mode?
The website is https://taus-gymnasium.de. You can check it at the following item: Bild_2021-11-11_014617

Thank you!

Hello @gehess,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that there is a JS console error it might be due to custom JS or plugin conflict just because the submenu is not working properly. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Gerd,

We’re sorry if you were asked to troubleshoot when really, this is the design behavior for X or the Original Header for a good reason. Our core developer explained that in another thread.

If you really need to tap on the menu text and open the page and leave the submenu indicator to open the submenu, you need to upgrade to Pro as explained by my colleague in the other thread. With Pro, you can also change what predefined screen size your mobile menu will display using the Header Builder.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey Christian,
thank you for clarification. As a workaround, could the mobile menu show on ipad size displays instead of the desktop menu? Found some former requests and snippets from older version but they aren´t workiny anymore.

Greetings!

Hi Gerd,

There’s no option to do that using X and it will require some custom coding to achieve it. Regretfully, customization is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Or you can follow the suggestion by my colleague Christian to upgrade to Pro where you can access the Header Builder. If you are planning to upgrade your X to Pro, here’s how.

Hope that helps.