Menu Element

I have picked up an older website built with Pro and I updated it to vers. 6.4.16

Please see capture below.

In my Outline of elements, there is a “Menu” item, however in the Cornerstone list of elements I cannot find a Menu element. Is it possible this was carried over from the older version of Pro, before I updated? If so, has it been replaced with something similar, or renamed to something else?

Hello @mcaravaglia,

Thanks for writing in! That could be a deprecated element. You can go to Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions > Elements. Enable the deprecated elements and all other classic elements. If this does not help, please provide us access with your WP site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I’m assuming you’re correct and this is an older element, which I would prefer not to use. I assume deprecated elements are deprecated for a reason and will no longer be supported, and/or, have been replaced with something else. Is this correct?

So, this said, please see capture below. I am trying to create an accordion menu for mobile devices. The element on the right is a button, the accordion is in the center and a logo on the left. I have set a Toggle-hash so the button opens the menu, however, a 2nd button-click does not close the menu. In searching this forum, I found a similar post and ThemCo support provided the custom javascript below, however, this does not seem to be working in my implementation. The post is back from 2018, so, perhaps this JS can no longer work??

(function($){
$(’.toggle-accordion’).on(‘click touchstart’,function(){
$(‘button.x-acc-header’).trigger(‘click’);
});
})(jQuery);

Ideally, I would like the button element to open and close the accordion; but, I would also prefer if clicking the accordion element itself did not open/close the accordion. Is this possible?

Hi @mcaravaglia,

Are you trying to stop opening and closing the Accordion by clicking it? If that is the case, unfortunately, that is not possible in the usual way, you need to do custom coding for that. If that is not the case, please explain it a bit more so we can assist you with this.

Thanks

You can close this thread. I needed to modify the javascript to make this work.

Originally, when I clicked the button, the accordion would open using the toggle hash. A 2nd click would not close the accordion. That is what I needed to happen. It is working now.

Thank you.

Hi @mcaravaglia,

Glad to know that it is working now.

Thanks