Menu dropdowns not working in Chrome only

My sub menus are not working in Chrome but they do work in IE and on Safari mobile. I checked previous tickets for similar topics, but the two suggestions didn’t work. The sub menu worked only when I de-activated the theme.

Hey @ppe29,

Thanks for writing in! Did the issue happen after you updated to the latest version of the Pro theme? You may have encountered a caching issue. Please check this out instead:

If you are using CDN or any caching plugin, you may need to clear all your caches including the Chrome’s browser cache before testing your site again.

Cheers.

I cleared my cache. While I was doing that, I came to realize that the sub menus fly out when I’m not logged in as an admin. So technically, the issue only occurs when viewing the site as a site admin. Any idea why that would happen?

PS: Yes, I have done a couple Xtheme updates recently and think the breakage occurred around that time.

Hi @ppe29,

If it is only occurring when you are not logged in, that means it is due to the server-level cache. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider to clear it and check if that resolves your problem or not.

Thanks

I contacted them. They said they flushed the cache on their end, but I’m still unable to interact with sub menus when logged in as admin

Hey @ppe29,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your website while logged in as admin? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

OK, here it is…

Hey @ppe29,

I am using Chrome. I could not replicate the issue.

• See the screenshots in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Yea, but I said that the issue only occurs when logged in as admin. It doesn’t look like you were signed in when you took those screen shots? Can you try signing in as admin first and then seeing if the drop down menus work?

Hello @ppe29,

I am another staff I tried to access your site but it is not accessible at the moment due to IP restrictions or security plugins. I would suggest you please disable the security plugin or IP restriction so that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

Can you tell me which country you’re in? We use Wordfence and have a list of about 22 countries that are blocked due to numerous malicious attempts to log into our admin, so I’d rather not have to deactivate the entire plugin and leave us open to vulnerability. If you can tell me which one, I can unblock you. Are you willing to do that?

Hey There,

We have several staff working from different locations like the Philippines, India, Pakistan, the US and the UK.

Thanks.

OK I deactivated the plugin. Please let me know when you’re done so I can reactivate it. Thanks

Hey @ppe29,

I suspect that the issue has something to do with issue in the console log when login. See the screenshot below:

Logged In:

Logged Out:

Hope that helps.

It ended up being the Monster Insights plugin. Is that something I need to get with them to fix or is that an adjustment that needs to be made on Themeco’s end?

Hey @ppe29

They should fix the JS error on their end because it conflicts with our dropdown menu.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.