Menu Dropdown Not Working on Gallery Page

My Menu dropdown is not working on the Gallery Page.

When I remove the Envira Gallery - the menu dropdown works.

Hi There,

I was unable to login to your website. Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Thank you.

Hi - all my plugins are up-to-date. My theme is up-to-date.

I deactivated all the plugins except Envira and the menu dropdown still doesn’t work. When I deactivate Envira - the menu dropdown works.

Do you know what I should do?

Hi There,

I would like to check your website but it always kicks me out the login:

Do you have any security plugins installed in your website? Can you please temporarily disable it?

Thanks.

Hi - I turned off Wordfence - please try it again.

Thank you.

Hello There,

The menu is not working because there is a JS error on the page. The JS error is because you have inserted an invalid JS code in the custom JS section. Please remove this code first:

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.10&appId=152368418283849";
  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Please use a 3rd party plugin to display facebook plugin in your site or properly insert that code in your site. Perhaps this thread could help you: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-place-element-between-two-sections/8849/2, https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/site-layout-issues-after-x-theme-upgrade/18690/15

Hope this helps.

Hi - I removed the JS and it’s still not working…

Hi @ywoolf,

It is clear that there is a problem on your gallery page. I could see a lot of error in your gallery page than other page that has a working menu drop down.

As of now, I could not replicate the problem on my setup. It would be best that you will backup your site then replicate it in a staging site so that we could check and test further.

Once you have a staging site, we’ll do our best to help you.

Thanks.,

Hi - I just backed up my site - so feel free to check it out.

I made a brand new page that only has the envira element in it and it still doesn’t work.

https://letsbench.com/gallery-new/

I have no idea where these JS errors are coming from.

Thank you.

Hey @ywoolf,

We still could not login to your site. It still behaves like what @thai described. Something in your setup is off.

1. Only you could enter to your site
  2. You have a jQuery not defined error in the console which means either a custom script or a third party plugin is causing that. This means all features reliant on jQuery including the menu won’t work.
  3. I could not see what version of X and Cornerstone you’re using.

Please give is FTP access.

Thanks.

Wordfence security is off. I’ll send you the wplogin details now and FTP

Hello There,

I have inspected all your theme files and they are intact and no changes made. I also deactivated Breeze and CloudFlare plugin and still no changes. It seems that there is one plugin that disables jQuery which is causing the issue. May we have the permission to turn on the maintenance mode so that we can continue to test for a plugin conflict? We need to temporarily deactivate all plugins in your site to find out which one is having a conflict with Envira plugin.

Kindly let us know.

Yes - please go ahead. Thank you

Hello There,

I have investigated the issue and I can confirmed that there is a conflict between the theme and Envira Gallery. When Envira Gallery is active and present on a page, the JS errors appears. When the gallery is not on the page, there is no JS error and the submenu works. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. Once they’ll have this fixed, it will updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Please bear with us.

Thanks very much.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.