Menu and accordion not opening on iPhone after updating X and Cornerstone

I recently updated X and Cornerstone and now have two problem on iPhone:

1. The burger menu at the top right does not expand to show the menu items when clicked
  2. The accordion items don’t expand when clicked

I noticed similar issues on the forum and followed the common fix recommendations but they didn’t fix the issue: clearing site cache, clearing server cache, clearing cornerstone cache, clearing custom js, etc

Both myself and my customers are experiencing this, but only on iPhone.

Example:

Hello @Hanley,

Thanks for writing to us.

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Login creds added. I’ve tried various suggested fixes and nothing’s worked so far.

Hello @Hanley,

I checked your site it seems that there is an issue with the cache I would suggest you please purge all the cache from the WP Rocket cache plugin temporarily deactivate the cache plugin and recheck it. I have tested it on my end on my phone’s iPhone 14 Safari browser and it working fine on my end.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn’t work. I’ve tested this on two phones and two iPads. Clearing and disabling WP Rocket didn’t help.

However, I did notice that if I’m logged into my admin account when using the iphone/ipad the menu and accordions work. If I log back out they stop working again.

Hello @Hanley,

I went ahead and disabled the WP Rocket plugin and rechecked it on the iPhone Safari browser and it seems that it is working fine on my end. I would suggest you please let us know the browser where you are testing.

Thanks

I’ve tested on both Safari and Chrome. If I’m logged in it works, if I’m logged out it doesn’t.

If I add /?nocache=1 to the end of the URL, the menu and accordion work. So as you said it’s definitely a WP Rocket issue. Problem is, no matter how many times I clear or deactivate WP Rocket, the menu and accordion will not work on any of my iPhones or iPads. So I’m going to instead try excluding the relevant scripts that control the menu and accordion. Can you tell me what scripts to exclude from the cache?

Ok we finally got the WP Rocket cache to clear out, and deactivated it. Everything works now. Thanks!

Hey Joe,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.