Media and Pages search is not working

Hi Team,
We are using x0theme template and cornerstone in our website, we need your support for these below issue.
01 In the backend search is not working in the media gallery. When searching for an uploaded image it says there is no image with the file name, even though it is in the media gallery.
02 In the backend when searching pages it is searching the entire backend, not just pages
Thanks

Hi @websnare,

Thank you for writing in, please do testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi Team,

Thank you for your reply,
I tried by deactivating all the third party plugin but still I am facing the same issue,
If I only change the theme then its working

Thanks

Hi @websnare,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It seems like a WordPress issue, you might be running an old version or the current installation might be corrupted. Please update your WordPress version to the latest one or if you already have the latest version then try re-installing the WP and see if resolves the issue.

I checked in my local setup and the searching works fine in both Media Gallery and Pages section. Upon checking your setup, it looks like you’re using an old version of X and Cornerstone, please update both X and Cornerstone to their latest versions. You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If this doesn’t work either then try the steps suggested here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-search-doesnt-work-3/

Hope this helps!

Hi @websnare,

Thank you for providing the login information. I checked the backend of your website and I can confirm that you are using version 6.5.6 of the X theme which is an old version. Please, kindly back up your website completely (You can ask WP-Engine to do the backup for you) and then you need to update the theme to the latest version. Please follow the manual method mentioned in the article below:

You also need to validate the theme installation following the steps below:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.