MEC Single Override

Trying to create a Single layout for MEC individual events. but the plugin default layout is the only one I can get to display!

I tried following along in this older thread [PRO] Modern Events Calendar - Override SINGLE MEC EVENTS with Blank Model Page But it sort of seemed like it was just answering the question of how to show a no-header, no-footer layout.

I tried duplicating the layout I want (no container, header, footer) in the single-mec-events.php file in my child theme but it won’t display the layout content, it’s just empty. Adding layout references inside the default single template copied from the plugin is also empty.

Other plugin-managed custom post types haven’t had templates quite this… greedy?

https://webnus.net/dox/modern-events-calendar/overriding-single-event-page/
According to their docs, the_content is a working, valid call in the single template!

The themeco docs has a link to “overriding skin templates” but it’s a broken link.

Any thoughts on this?

Hey @glindacreative,

You can check out those broken links here:

You may need to create your own single-mec-events.php file which will be added to the child theme.

Be advised that this is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Their documentation isn’t very good unfortunately. Also the themeco documentation points to missing content on the webnus site.

I tried creating a single-mec-events.php file and it absolutely will not load in content without their exact template. So I guess it might be worth updating the themeco documentation to reflect that you cannot override the single event template using pro/cornerstone (without custom development). Or just update the links to the current webnus documents.

Hello @glindacreative,

We apologize for the broken link in the documentation. We will be correcting the link soon.

Thanks for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.