MEC shortcode continues to cause cornerstone hangs and out-of-memory errors

Has there been any progress on the issue of MEC shortcode maxing out memory and causing out-of-memory errors, as reported in this thread I opened previously?

I initially thought it was resolved in MEC 5.6.1 but unfortuantely it was not. I continue to find that any page fails to save where the shortcode is added in a content area element, raw element, or text element. I have updated to the latest MEC 5.8.5 but the problem persists.

May I respectfully ask any Themeco staff replying to this thread to read through my previous thread in detail, and take note of all of my troubleshooting steps before responding to this support request? Substantial steps have already been taken including disabling all plugins, testing on different hosts, and testing with parent theme only.

Please also note that I am running the latest version of X and Cornerstone, my PHP version is at 7.4.3 and my PHP Memory Limit is 512.

It seems that MEC shortcode is very resource-heavy, and therefore not suitable for use on shared hosting plans where resources are managed. I am sure it would not cause problems on a dedicated server with significant resources, but most of us don’t have that luxury!

This was supposed to be added to the Themeco issue tracker, and refered to your developers for further investigation. Was any progess made in this regard, or was Webnus contacted about this issue?

Many thanks!

Hey @outpost33,

Yes, this was added in our Issue Tracker but was closed because our core developer tested the latest version of MEC and the issue is no longer happening.

Based on what you said in the previous thread, Rad thought that this issue was resolved also.

I’ll post this in our Issue Tracker again.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Hey @christian,

Many thanks for your reply. The issue did disappear but only for a short time – shortly after my post in the previous thread it came back into play.

I waited for a couple of rounds of updates before reporting this, in the hope that the latest version of MEC would resolve it, but sadly this has turned out not to be the case – it makes updates to the pages in question more or less impossible since they are all created in Cornerstone and it’s not practical to recreate them using another method.

I will be very grateful for any updates as and when you have news. Thanks again!

Hi outpost33,

We will let you know when we already have an update from our core developers. Please bear with us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.