MEC Front End Event Submission Doesn't Work

Hi, I’m not sure who provides support for MEC obtained through Pro, but we have an issue where front end submission does not work. This occurs with ALL plugins except for MEC disabled so all we can think of is a theme conflict?

Here’s the page: https://upriseri.com/submit-an-event/

Attached is the result when submitting an event. It just shows the spinning teal circle forever. Nothing happens.

Hello @co50,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site I couldn’t find the form on the given page. It might be a plugin conflict issue. I would suggest you disable the plugin one by one and check which plugin causing the issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This issue has been thoroughly tested and occurs with no plugins activated except for the MEC plugin. This eliminates caching or another plugin as the cause. Secure note added.

Hello @co50,

There is an error 403 when you submit the form. Usually, error 403 means it’s being blocked by the server-side firewall or mod_security ruleset, however, as Cornerstone works on other pages this is unlikely unless you have JS/CSS being executed in a raw content element or perhaps other shortcodes from 3rd party plugins that don’t execute on other pages?

As there’s a 403 error, there should be additional information available in your server error log if you could check that and let us know the full error.

Thanks!

I’ve reached out to our host and confirmed it’s a mod_security rule causing this.

I do have a question that is for you though, how come this page is too wide on mobile? We have no custom CSS/JS at all. The page is literally just a headline, text, and the form shortcode. But on mobile, it loads correctly and then shifts to outside the margins. Very weird. Any idea why this is happening?

Hey @co50,

This is an issue with MEC only. It’s form is not responsive. To fix that or make it responsive, it would require a lot of CSS and developing that would be outside the scope of our theme support.

What I can do is report this problem in our issue tracker so this will be queued to be forwarded to MEC’s developers.

Please kindly wait for this issue to be fixed in MEC.

Thanks.

This is not true on multiple fronts. The form is absolutely responsive. You can simply narrow your browser with on a desktop to see that. Second, the form appears correctly for 1 sec when the page loads and then it seems something kills the margins and it’s 1-2em too wide. Its IS responsive, it’s just too wide - something is causing it to slightly overextend the page.

Hi @co50,

Try setting a 100% either width or max-width on the Form’s container, in this case, the Text element.

Cheers,

Worked! Thx man

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.