Manual ftp installation - behind firewall / secure

Hi guys,
If installing X on a secure website, what are the terminal commands to place the contents of the x_package in the correct folders (say within public_html directory)?

The following for the benefit of the uninitiated like me to get to this stage:

• background: installed via ssh / ftp wordpress, firewall, headers, secured chmod, php.ini mods
  • current situation: wesbsite maybe ‘too secure’ (good, but comes with, for me, acceptable installation pains) e.g. had to install X theme and cornerstone manually (for anybody interested see following commands executed from terminal, may save you hours to days:
    first - in your host create a folder (e.g. ‘X_theme’) in root (usually: /var/www/public_html) using mkdir command
    from your home computer terminal execute below to transfer the files to your hosting environment
    rsync -avru /home/Downloads/themeforest-4FnSUhQW-x-the-theme.zip -e ‘ssh -p insert_your_port’ root@your_ip_address:/var/www/public_html/X_theme
    move the x.zip into html folder (e.g. mv /var/www/public_html/X_theme/x.zip var/www/public_html)
    (assuming you have wp-cli installed)
    wp theme install /var/www/html/x.zip --allow-root
    above installed just the core X theme, had to move cornerstone.zip
    similar to above move cornerstone to /var/www/html folder, then
    wp plugin install /var/www/html/cornerstone.zip --allow-root
    you should go into to your wp-content themes and plugins folders and see the files saved
    so far so good and not too painful
    could not find any topic which showed step by step where the following contents of x_package should be moved / copied / placed , with appropriate terminal commands:
    ‘extensions’ folder
    ‘Licensing’ folder
    x.zip - see above figured out
    x-demo-content.xml
    x-documentation.pdf (if required)?

support staff - feel free to edit any of above for accuracy / clarity
Thanks,

Hi @numairk,

Unfortunately this is something that goes beyond the scope of our support since you are trying to figure out commands for your server.

It would be best to get in touch with your hosting company regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Thanks Jade.
I understand the comment about commands. please ignore / disregard.

Can you answer where the components of the x_package go?
e.g. I figured out:
‘extensions’ are plugins so they belong in wp-contents/plugins
the request really is for x-demo-content.xml, the others are probably not required

I continue to get 404 Not Found errors for links below, probably need to whitelist the urls in my content security policy, can you share the urls (via secure note) please.
x/#/content
x/#/options
x/#/template-manager
x/#/global-blocks
x/#/design-cloud

Hello @numairk,

My apologies for missing that.

That is right. You just need to make sure the zip files are uncompressed when you add them in the plugins directory of your site.

Thanks for mentioning the x-demo-content.xml file. This file is actually outdated and was initially used when users want to import the demo contents on their sites. However, the Design Cloud is available for that now: https://theme.co/docs/design-cloud. You can disregard the xml file for now.

Have you tried to change your Permalink settings in WP Admin > Settings > Permalinks then set it to Post Name.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. Tried, no success.

When I try to connect to cornerstone or design cloud (any link with a “…/x/#/…” extension) it shows a black button with a looping circle. that goes on, and on, and on…

Since I have firewalls/iptables/headers setup, I may need to “allow” specific ip addresses. allowing theme.co public ip does not seem to be working, if there is another (or subnet) can you share.

Thanks in advance

Hi @numairk,

If it required subnet then the issue is your network, theme.co uses public IP which doesn’t need subnet like other domains.

Have you tried checking your site’s URL rewrites? If there are no configured rewrites, those URLs will return 404. The design cloud simply connects to our server and there is no special configuration needed, but the limitation is within the host environment (security) in which we’re not familiar with how it works.

The theme simply send requests by GET or POST through cURL feature (PHP and Wordpress). Hence, we can’t really identify the solution needed for issues caused by security restrictions.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.