Making Landmark Header the category name instead of The Blog or similar

Hi there!

I’m wondering if someone could walk me through how to put the name of the category in the landmark header instead of The Blog or other static title. And if it’s then possible to have this reflected in the breadcrumbs.
Also how to change the background of the landmark header by category of the post, if possible.
X child installed.
dash.emiweed.com

Thanks!!

Hey @emiweed,

That is not possible if your in the Blog page. If you’re in a Category or Tag page, that is possible by editing the Archive Title of your category.

The CSS to add a background to the header landmark is this.

.x-header-landmark {
    background: skyblue;
}

To target a category page, add the category class to the selector like this .category-1 .x-header-landmark. 1 should be your category ID.

Thanks.

I did see another post of someone doing it by modifying the child theme, but it was unclear how… Is it impossible or outside the scope of Theme X support? It seems like it should be fairly basic to have a header reflect the category of a post… I see it quite often, it seems.

Also, I tried to change the color of post header background by category and neither this
.category-recipes .x-header-landmark {
background: #ffeaa7;
}
nor this
.category-recipes …x-header-landmark {
}
worked…
I can get it to work for the whole site
header.x-header-landmark {
}
but when I add a category, it doesn’t work anymore.
.category-recipes .header.x-header-landmark {
}
Please advise?
Thank you!

Template modification is outside the scope of our support. Please give us the URL of your page so we could check your category ID.

Thanks.

Also above, but…
dash.emiweed.com/recipes/

http://dash.emiweed.com/home-self/recipes/french-bread/
(for example)

Your dash.emiweed.com/recipes/ page is not a category page. It is a regular page.

.page-id-63 .x-header-landmark {
    background-color: yellow;
}

Your other page is a single post and this is the code for it.

.postid-168 .x-header-landmark {
}

Here’s how you get your post ID.

Hope that helps.

Not really… I would like all the posts in a category to have the same color background, but different colors for different categories… In the same way that I format the headings and titles and colors and background of posts differently by category. It is automatic - not so I have to code it for each individual post. Every post in a category has those attributes. That is what I cannot figure out how to do, since it doesn’t seem to work the same way as the other things…

Hey There,

Regretfully, at this time I am not entirely certain what it is you would like to accomplish based on the information given in your email. If you wouldn’t mind providing us with a little more clarification on what it is you’re wanting to do (a link to a similar example site would be very helpful, or perhaps some screenshots), we’ll be happy to provide you with a response once we have a better understanding of the situation

Thanks,.

I figured it out for myself, thanks!
I was just trying to do what was provided above –
.postid-168 .x-header-landmark {
}
but by category, not by post-id, so that all posts within a specified category got that formatting… I tried
.category-CATNAME .x-header-landmark {
}
but it didn’t work, so I asked what the right code would be.
But it’s sorted now, so thanks!

Cool, glad you sorted things out,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.