Major flaw with Personify

If you ‘+ to library’ any of the personify sites to an existing site, it overwrites the cornerstone global css.

at the very least it should append onto whatever is there, but there has to be a better way that this

1 Like

You are right it shouldn’t overwrite CSS. We’ll get that updated into an append system next update. That way it’d be easier to have multiple Personas which currently isn’t possible.

It’d be nice if there were CSS files / a list of custom css. Similar the External REST API Global Endpoints. As opposed to one Global CSS option.

Have a great day

1 Like

Thanks for the update and thoughts on this… I can imagine someone trying to add one of these new elements to find it had deleted their entire global css.

I like the idea of css files as a hierarchy. ie custom css being user entered, and personify specific css files accessible in the same place.

On another note, the grouping of colours and fonts with personify, I have a couple of questions:

1. how can these be deleted?
  2. how can we create out own custom groupings as I really like the idea of that, esp when importing external templates etc

So I actually didn’t know about the grouping of colors till we revisited this project. Personify was the original inspiration for the parameter and Pro6 changes prior to me joining. Currently you do have to manage these in “Devtools > Tools > Colors”. I’ll post a sample of the colors for reference. Really we need to re-imagine the Global Color editor to be able to first edit the ID, then create groups which I imagine will look similar to adding a new Section in the Element Outline.

1. If you see the attribute “locked”. Remove that and you can remove a color. You’ll have to edit any element that is using that color though as heads up.
  2. It is really nice. If you see the “children” section of the color group. You add in any ID you want in this group (which would be the attribute _id), and it should be added to this section.

This is not an ideal way to manage, but hopefully an explanation on how it works helps you out.

Have a great weekend.

[
  {
    "title": "The Mogul",
    "locked": true,
    "_id": "exp03Colors",
    "children": [
      "exp03Background1",
      "..."
    ]
  }
]
1 Like

Thanks @charlie, I never thought to use dev tools.

and thanks for the feedback on the possibility of colour & fonts groups. I think that would make things easier with imported elements/templates etc