Major error while trying to access the website

When I try to view the website im getting this error " Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<’ in D:\INETPUB\VHOSTS\tdholidays.co.in\httpdocs\wp-config.php on line 94 " . Please can u help me out with this .

Hello @travelduniya,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Problem seems to be with wp-config.php file. Please do the following:

1. You can try to replace current wp-config.php file with a new one. Please make sure to take a backup of current file that’s there on the the server. You will also need to make the necessary changes in wp-config.php file so that WordPress can access your database. You can take a look at following article to edit wp-config.php file.

https://www.greengeeks.com/tutorials/article/how-to-make-changes-to-the-wp-config-php-file-in-wordpress/
http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-edit-wp-config-php-file-in-wordpress/

1. Although it’s not a theme related problem rather it’s related with your WordPress setup. It falls outside the scope of support we can offer. However, if you are not comfortable with programming and making changes in wp-config.php file and if possible, if you can share the content of the file in secure note we can take a look and guide you in right direction to solve the problem.

Thanks.

the contents of the wp-config.php file is in the secure note. Please look into it and help me out

Hi There,

The wp-config.php file looks good.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I’m not even able to access my website sir . When i type the address " www.tdholidays.co.in " . Please look into it and let me know.

HI @travelduniya,

I believe that there could a semi-color or closing symbol that has been removed or lacking in your wp-config.

In this case, to help you further, would you mind sharing us your FTP and admin credentials.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

Hi i have used plesk web host
credentials are given in the secure note

Hey Karan,

We’re sorry for the confusion. The wp-config setup you showed us earlier does not look good. The required setup is empty. It does not connect to the database. That is why you can’t access your site.

I’m sorry but this is not a theme issue but has to do with your WordPress install. If you are not able to fix this yourself, you need to hire a web developer to fix your setup.

Thank you for understanding.

What if i scrap the website and again host the website , does the license of the theme still stand?

Hi There,

The license will work fine if you re-install your website.

If you change the domain, you can manage it on this page: https://theme.co/apex/licenses.

Regards!

OKAY.
I rectified the errors in the wp-config.php.
Now im receiving an error in the cornerstone plugins. As this is in the boundary of support please help me out. Because as i recall , when i tried to update the plugin only all these problems occured. Please look into it and help me out. My website is www.tdholidays.co.in

Hey @travelduniya,

We would be glad to help with that and any issues related to our supported products.

I checked your setup and found that X was not installed properly. You downloaded and uploaded all the files and documentation and not the installable theme file only.

Please delete Cornerstone and X. Then, read the proper installation procedure here and re-install X.

If the issue still persists after that, please give us WP admin access also.

Thanks.

My contents of the website would get erased if i do this right? Because the site was live for a weak before all these issues.

Hi There,

Switching the theme doesn’t affect to your content, it will be safe.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.