Maintain styling in Icon

I’m using the standard Icon full website theme with Pro. At https://martinrayvaughan.com/cv/ I am trying to recreate the headers you see (Education, Experience, Mission), which I think requires some <div> code?
The header " Some Considerations on my Approach" I want to match all of the other headers.
Can you help?

Thanks!
Marty

Hello Marty,

Thanks for posting in! To get your issue resolved, simply do the following steps:

1.) Kindly edit your CV page in Cornerstone
2.) Click on the “Education” Headline element
3.) Save your Headline element settings as a “Preset”
4.) Click on the “Some Considerations on my Approach” Headline element
5.) Apply the saved preset to the “Some Considerations on my Approach” Headline element

If you are not familiar yet on how you can save and apply element presets, please check this documentation first:

If this does not help, please provide us your WP details so that we can check your page. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Cheers.

Thanks for the idea! But the issue with that approach is that I am using the ‘Fullwidth’ Page that comes packaged with Icon… and for whatever reason, it is not packaged in individual elements. It is one huge text element with the code (posted below). That’s where I ran into problems.
Secure note sent.

Contents of text element:

<div class="x-section e16-47 mg-1 mg-3 mg-4 mg-5 mg-7">
<div class="x-container max width e16-48 mg-a">
<div class="x-column x-sm x-1-1 e16-49 mg-c">
<div class="x-text x-text-headline e16-50 mg-e mg-f mg-h mg-i">
<div class="x-text-content">
<div class="x-text-content-text">
<h1 class="x-text-content-text-primary">Education</h1>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<hr class="x-line e16-51 mg-l mg-n" />

<div class="x-text e16-52 mg-t mg-u mg-w mg-y">
<p><strong>University of the Cumberlands            May 2016</strong></p>

<ul>
 	<li>     <em>Master of Arts in Teaching English (GPA 3.9)</em></li>
</ul>
<p>The summation of my first Masters experience? Well, I learned you don't really master anything. But you take steps towards proven practices and you begin to rely on data and evidence to guide your thinking as a teacher. That essentially sums up my $11,458 Master's degree. I don't mean this to sound perfunctory or sarcastic. It was time well spent. Having already spent several years as a paraeducator, my Master's experience rounded out my understanding of the learning process. Theory was being immediately turned into practice during these formative years.</p>
<p><strong>Eastern Kentucky University            May 2012</strong></p>

<ul>
 	<li>     <em>Bachelor of Arts in University Studies (GPA 3.9)</em></li>
</ul>
<p>What can be said about the undergrad experience? I had returned to undergrad work as a young adult when I finally had a vision for my future. As I transferred my credits to EKU from Cincinnati Christian University, I knew from that very moment that I wanted to teach. Hence the rather generic degree. This was calculated. I wanted to begin a Masters program as quickly as possible.</p>

</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="x-section e16-53 mg-0 mg-1 mg-3 mg-4">
<div class="x-container max width e16-54 mg-a">
<div class="x-column x-sm x-1-1 e16-55 mg-c">
<div class="x-text x-text-headline e16-56 mg-e mg-f mg-h mg-i">
<div class="x-text-content">
<div class="x-text-content-text">
<h1 class="x-text-content-text-primary">Experience</h1>
</div>
</div>
</div>

<hr class="x-line e16-57 mg-l mg-n" />

<div class="x-text e16-58 mg-t mg-y mg-z">
<p><em>2014 - Present</em>     <strong>STEAM Academy         <span> </span></strong>Lexington, Kentucky</p>

<ul>
 	<li>English 1 - 4 and Journalism Classroom Instructor
<ul>
 	<li><span>Facilitating and implementing classroom instruction in English 1,2, and 4.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Development of original, standards-aligned curriculum to be implemented in a problem-based, blended learning environment.</span></li>
 	<li>Develop digital classrooms through Canvas, ensuring that our English courses are 100% online.</li>
 	<li><span>Assess the accomplishment of students on a regular basis through formative and summative means, providing feedback and progress reports to students and stakeholders.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Carry out the district’s philosophy of instructional goals and outcomes, providing feedback as appropriate.</span></li>
 	<li>STEAM Journalism Sponsor: Facilitate and support STEAM's Radio Club at WLXU 93.9 FM.</li>
 	<li>STLP Coach</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
<ul>
 	<li><span></span><em>2006 - 20014</em>     <strong>Lafayette High School         <span> </span></strong>Lexington, Kentucky</li>
</ul>
<ul>
 	<li>LBD Special Education Paraeducator
<ul>
 	<li><span>Implement learning strategies, prompting procedures, and behavioral plans that promote dynamic learning in a variety of instructional environments, including classrooms, small groups, and one on one instruction.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Contribute relevant, objective information to teachers and administration to facilitate planning, problem solving, and decision making focused on student success.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Monitoring of student progress regarding academic performance, social development and behavioral goals.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Safe Crisis Management Trained</span></li>
 	<li><span>Assist in the planning and execution of Lafayette’s Recognition Assemblies.</span></li>
</ul>
</li>
 	<li>Head Tennis Coach
<ul>
 	<li><span>Plan, conduct, and supervise all activities for the girl’s tennis program at Lafayette, consistent with all KHSAA rules and regulations.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Responsible for direct supervision and management of all practices, home and away games.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Issuing, storing, maintaining, and inventory control of all tennis equipment and supplies.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Hiring of assistant coach, including mentoring and professional development.</span></li>
 	<li><span>Upholding all athletic guidelines according to the Fayette County Board of Education,</span></li>
 	<li><span>Completion of all required KHSAA courses, including Coaches Class, Medical Symposium, CPR Training, Rules Clinics, and Safety Courses.</span></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
<p><em>2016 - Present</em>   <span> </span><b>Lexington Pools          </b>Lexington, Kentucky</p>

<ul>
 	<li>Operations Manager
<ul>
 	<li>Recruit, hire, and manage personnel (100+) for Lexington's premiere pool service company.</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
<p>2000 - 2006     <strong>TEKsystems, Nesco Resource</strong>          Lexington,  Kentucky</p>

<ul>
 	<li>Informational Technology Recruiter
<ul>
 	<li>Responsible for sourcing, hiring, and managing IT teams (hardware, software).</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Oops, well, pasting the text contents actually produces the output and not the code LOL, but I’m sure you’ll see it with my credentials.

Hi Marty,

I have investigated your page and found that the output of the Cornerstone page has been added to the Text element and that is why it can’t be saved as preset as suggested by my colleague. I have checked the style added to those headings and found the code that is setting the style. I would suggest you add the code into the Element CSS of the Headline element to get a similar style.

$el.x-text .x-text-content-text-primary
{
    font-family: "Josefin Slab",serif !important;
    font-style: normal !important;
    font-size: 400%;
    font-weight: 400 !important;
    text-transform: uppercase !important;
}

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We really do not provide support for custom codes which means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something on your site nor will we enhance it. Further customization should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Please remember that we don’t provide any support to the custom HTML or related issues, even those generated through the Cornerstone. I would suggest you recreate those sections using the Page Builder to avoid such problems.

Thanks

Thank you!

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.