Looper element issues - not showing full width / excluding current post

Hi,

I have created a new article post layout, everything looks great apart from the bottom I have a section with a looper to show two latest blogs. I created it as a global block so I can always edit this across the site.

For some reason, it doesn’t seem to be displaying full width, only around 90%. I can’t work out which element is adding some kind of padding or margin to prevent it being full width? (see crude snip image below)

Secondly, on the same looper I have it displayed to show the latest blog (using category). But whenever that post is the the ‘latest’ it will of course always show the same post until such time a new post is added. Is there a way to set the Looper to exclude, so ‘if the latest post is that post, show the previous post’… hopefully that makes sense.

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please edit your global block and in the Title and Looper row settings, disable the “Global Container” option. The width and maximum width should be set to 100%.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Oh so obvious, I can’t believe I missed that. Thank you Ruenel.

Sorry, if I put a different issue on the same post above, had you seen this part?

Secondly, on the same looper I have it displayed to show the latest blog (using category). But whenever that post is the the ‘latest’ it will of course always show the same post until such time a new post is added. Is there a way to set the Looper to exclude, so ‘if the latest post is that post, show the previous post’… hopefully that makes sense.

Hi Ashley,

Regretfully, there is no such option to exclude the current post right now which is latest in your case, but you can do that by using the Query String option of looper. Your Query String will look like the following one.

post_type=solutions&posts_per_page=4&offset=0&ignore_sticky_posts=1&post__not_in={{dc:post:id}}

Please find the following thread which will be helpful on this.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.