Looper Condition on Blog Page

I am creating a page where the blog page with the latest posts should have a special layout.

Here is a sketch of how the layout should look like:

LayoutNews

The last post (blue box) should be displayed in full width and slightly different image text placement.
The following ones with the remaining posts (green boxes) will be displayed smaller.
I have divided these areas (blue and green) into their own sections. So the blue section receives loopers and also the green one.

With enough posts, these will be divided on several pages. But really only the very last one, the one on page 1, should be displayed in full width (blue box).
I use the following condition (which works as expected) to hide the full width section on other pages:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-01 um 11.37.04

The whole works so far except for the fact that 2 Looper consumers are active on page 1 and in the green line thus the last message is displayed 2 times (One time in the blue, and one time in the green box)!
I have tried to intercept this with this condition in the green looper consumer:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-01 um 11.37.54

However, the “Before News #1” is now displayed twice instead of skipping the first one!

Any solution suggestion?

Kind regards

@Regnalf

Hi @Regnalf,

Thanks for reaching out.

Would you mind sharing your credentials to check how you set up your loopers. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

As far i found out, this could be a possible solution:

Screenshot 2021-02-02 091005

But i gave you login credentials (see secure note) if you have a better solution. (The dependet layout is called “layout blog”)

By the way, is there a documentation of this variables we can use? And maybe could you please make the input fields bigger? I had to grow them manualy to show the full name of the variable.

Cheers

@Regnalf

Hi @Regnalf,

Thanks for providing all your credentials.

I can see that the Before New#1 was doubled in your Archive Layout Builder, this maybe a visual bug or something because on the actual blog page the Before News #1 is not doubled.

Archive Layout Builder:

In your homepage, which is your blog:

On the other hand, Regretfully, we don’t have any documentation about the variables.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I think i found the issue:

The problem was that i divided the 2 loopers into 2 sections!
If you create 2 looper consumers in different section it will cause a double post in the second looper

<section 1>
     <row 1>
         <column 1> ---> looper consumer #1
<section 2>
     <row 1>
         <column 1> ---> looper consumer #2

But if you set the second consumer into section 1 as a separated row, it works:

<section 1>
     <row 1>
         <column 1> ---> looper consumer #1
     <row 2>
         <column 1> ---> looper consumer #2

So you don’t need the condition for the green column i wrote 2 posts before.

At last, i hope there will be a documentation in the future, cause not all variables are self self-explanatory. This part is very powerful and as far as i know a unique feature for pro against other builders out there. I like it :smile: and i hope you keep going this way.

Cheers
@Regnalf

Hi @Regnalf,

We’re glad that you’re able to find a solution to your issues. Yes, there will be a lot more features coming up, just stay tune and wait for our updates.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.