Layout does not showing up

Hello , we have a project that we are working on it ,
We have some issue, sometime, the layout is disappearing,
I want to know if I can have a meeting with one of your team and then we can try to find the solution together

Please, it is so urgent for us because the client is so disappoint about this situation .
Please , leave me your feedback then we will try to do it together

You can check the video record https://www.loom.com/share/88b6a47670c3434e8a74217023fd06a4
This is the 2 times, I am trying to fix the same issue

Hi Juan,

Thanks for reaching out.
The video explains the problem you are having, but we need to investigate the settings through the WordPress admin dashboard and Layout Builder. I would suggest you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi Juan,

I have checked the Layout Builder by creating a layout named Testing which didn’t work. But while creating another layout named A Testing worked.

It seems that it might have any restriction on the number of layouts, which you already crossed. And while making a layout with the name having alphabetical order is higher is worked. I have already reported this to our team and issue tracker for further investigation.

Thanks

Thank you and I am waiting for that!
Please, it is so urgent for us

Hi Juan,

It has been already informed to our development team to investigate it further. But we can’t make any promises relating to a fix at this stage.

Please bear with us.

Thank you ! Do you it is something with database?

Hello Juan,

It might be related to the database or any other limitation, we have already informed our development team for further invatigation so I would request you, please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

Thank you and please I want to know if you have any update for me?

Hey Juan,

Regretfully, there’s no update yet from our developers but rest assured that they will check on this issue. I suggest to please stay tuned.

Thank you for understanding.

thank you very much, just I had checked the database and did not find any issue because the database has 1000 MB and we just used 24 MB. Thank you

Hi Juan,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello any feedback for today
and I want to know , in which table (Database) you are saving the information about layout page???
when you connect the page to the layout?

We are stack with our clients , they cannot do anything because of the page which is disapear

Hi Juan,

I discussed this with our lead developer Alex and he confirmed that the problem has been already fixed in the upcoming release. Still, he also suggests checking the memory limits as that can be a reason for that issue. I would suggest you go through the following article on how to increase the memory limit.

Thanks

Thank you, and can you tell us when we will have the next release, because our teachers need to use the items?

Hey Juan,

We don’t have any ETA for the next release. I suggest to please stay tuned!

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you, we just checked the memory limit. and everything is ok.

Hey Juan,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Hello, I did not say that it is working well, I had said after checking the memory , I found that the size is okay but the issue still the same