Layout Builder Assignment Conditions not recognising post formats

Hi there,

Im using Layout builder to build a template for posts using the video format.
I have already build a layout for my standard posts.

Although the assignment conditions don’t seem to be working.
My post seems to be set up correctly and I can’t think of any other condition I need.

Am I missing a step or doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @gemlangley,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sometimes the only screenshot doesn’t help us to recognize the issue you are having. We need to examine your site to check what is the cause of your problem.
Hope you will not mind sharing your website credentials.
Please provide the details of your site in a secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thank you. I have attached the details

Hello @gemlangley,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login URL or default login URL is not working. It might be due to a security plugin or IP restriction. Please recheck and disable the security plugin or remove the IP restriction so that we can check it.

Thanks

Oh, so sorry, I forgot about that. You will be able to get in now.
Thank you

Hello @gemlangley,

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working. I would request you please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

Im sorry I have reset the password, please try again.

Hello @gemlangley,

I have tried to access your site dashboard with the updated credentials but it is not working. Please double-check at your end and then share with us.

Thanks

Oh Gosh, Im sorry.
I have reset and double checked the login. This one definitely works

Hello @gemlangley,

Thanks for sharing login details I went ahead and checked your settings. I would suggest you set the condition for the Post Format as Video or Post Format as Standard only. In case you want to set the condition for the category as well then you need to use the AND operator. At the moment you are using OR operator just because the layout is not rendering properly.

Please have a look at the doc or condition and assignment to learn more about how to set the conditions.

Thanks

Ah thank you.
I have fixed this. Instead of creating 2 almost identical layouts I now have two different headers within the one layout and included the conditional content inside them and this worked.

Hi @gemlangley,

Glad that you are able fix it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.